Digital TV News: Empower
Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
Oct 20, 2021 – 3SS has announced that Altibox has launched its next-generation TV entertainment service in Norway and Denmark. Altibox selected Technicolor STBs and the 3SS 3READY Product Framework to enable the offering.
News categories: 3SS, Technicolor, Altibox, Kai-Christian Borchers, Mercedes Pastor, Tor Morten Osmundsen, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, Set Top Box, UX
Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
Oct 15, 2021 – Skyline Communications has announced an expansion of its DataMiner platform at Tata Sky. DataMiner continues to fully manage Tata Sky's DTH operations, but now across a wider range of data sources.
News categories: Skyline Communications, Tata Sky, Pramod Gupta, Digital TV, India, QoE, Satellite
Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
Oct 14, 2021 – Vewd, together with Vestel, has introduced Vewd Operator TV, a full-featured Smart TV with a built-in, content-enriched Pay TV experience, avoiding the need for operators to provide a set-top box.
News categories: Vewd, Vestel, Aneesh Rajaram, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
Oct 12, 2021 – ATEME has joined the Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program to accelerate the deployment of its cloud tools and technology. As part of the program, ATEME is bringing its video solutions to Google Cloud.
News categories: ATEME, Google Cloud, Rémi Beaudouin, Content Distribution, Worldwide
LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
Oct 12, 2021 – LiveRamp (NYSE: RAMP) has added streaming inventory forecasting and data collaboration to its TV platform enabling media sellers and advertisers to collaborate, activate, and quantify media campaigns across all TV inventory.
News categories: LiveRamp, Jay Prasad, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying
Oct 7, 2021 – Yahoo has expanded its partnership with Tubi. Building on their SSP relationship, the expansion offers Yahoo DSP advertisers direct access to Tubi's AVOD content library, making it easier to plan and buy CTV.
News categories: Yahoo, Tubi, Iván Markman, Mark Rotblat, Lisa Herdman, Jacob Lustig, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
TheViewPoint launches CTV-first ad serving solution
Oct 6, 2021 – TheViewPoint has launched TVP Next, its Connected TV ad server. TVP Next brings enhanced control over the process of ad delivery, offering various types of integrations, like VAST, VMAP, SDK and header bidding.
News categories: TheViewPoint, Daniel Elad, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Deltatre adds new sport-related functionality to its UX suite
Oct 5, 2021 – Deltatre has announced the development of a new suite of sport-focussed features and functionality within its UX management tool, AXIS, to support leagues, teams and federations.
News categories: Deltatre, Gilles Mas, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Sirius TV partners with SES for DTH bouquet launch in Malaysia
Oct 5, 2021 – Sirius TV has signed a contract with SES for distribution of a bouquet of satellite TV channels in Malaysia. The Sirius Basic package launches with 13 initial channels, five of which are in HD.
News categories: SES S.A, Sirius TV, Deepak Mathur, Khairuddin Abdul Rahman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021