Digital TV News: Enea
RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
Oct 27, 2020 – At the 2020 RDK Virtual Euro Summit, RDK Management announced the availability of RDK4 – the newest generation, open source software platform used to power customer-premise equipment (CPE) for video service providers worldwide.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Enea Openwave optimizes Apple TV+ streaming
Nov 5, 2019 – Enea (Stockholm: ENEA) has announced that Enea Openwave has successfully optimized Apple TV+ over mobile networks, using its traffic management technology. Algorithms were used to dynamically optimize Apple’s encrypted video content to deliver a higher quality viewing experience.
News categories: Enea, Indranil Chatterjee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, QoE, Worldwide
Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
May 15, 2019 – Media measurement bodies, BARC (India), Médiamétrie (France), Numeris (Canada) and Video Research (Japan) have announced that they will collaborate on future audience measurement initiatives including the development of common technical standards and operational processes.
News categories: BARC India, Médiamétrie, Numeris, Video Research, Partho Dasgupta, Bruno Chetaille, Neil McEneaney, Yuzuru Kato, Brad Bedford, Advertising, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, France, India, Japan
Operators experiencing up to 100% YoY mobile video growth
Feb 26, 2019 – Research from Openwave Mobility has found that over the past five years, video on mobile networks has grown on average 50-60% year-on-year (YoY), while in many developing markets, the rate is more than twice this.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Enea, Matt Halligan, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, MWC21, Streaming, Worldwide
Socionext 'Sea of Transcoders' accelerates server video processing
Aug 10, 2017 – Socionext has announced its 'Media Cloud' program, designed to provide more than a tenfold improvement in server performance for video processing in the data center. Under the program, Socionext will collaborate with partner companies to deliver data center servers and related services.
News categories: Socionext, Tom Miyake, Yasuhiro Wakimoto, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Oregan Networks joins RDK community
Nov 13, 2014 – Oregan Networks has become a member of the RDK (Reference Design Kit) ecosystem and has announced a strategic intent to align its engineering expertise and services with RDK's initiatives.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Mark Perry, Cable TV, RDK, USA, Worldwide
BSkyB launches weekly PAYG sports option for NOW TV
Aug 11, 2014 – BSkyB's NOW TV has announced the launch of a weekly pass for sports fans looking to watch Sky Sports. Available initially for £10.99, the Sky Sports Week Pass will offer all 7 Sky Sports channels for 7 days.
News categories: BSkyB, NOW TV, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Accedo TV app store adds RDK device support
Apr 28, 2014 – Accedo has announced an integration of Accedo Application Sphere®, Accedo’s TV app store management solution, for use on Reference Design Kit (RDK) devices.
News categories: Accedo, Lawrence Brickman, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Time Warner Cable developing RDK STB with Humax
Apr 15, 2014 – Time Warner Cable has announced that it is working with Humax on the development of its first IP set-top box integrating the Reference Design Kit (RDK) platform.
News categories: Time Warner Cable, Humax, Matthew Zelesko, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion
- Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
- Disney+ comes to Panasonic TVs
- Innovid introduces interoperable infrastructure for identity resolution
- Ampersand launches improved solution for multiscreen TV campaign measurement
- Dl Gtpl chooses ATEME cable headend solution
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations