Digital TV News: Enrique Rodriguez
Transition From Broadcast to Connected TV Gathers Momentum as Microsoft Mediaroom-Powered Services Surpasses 2 Million Subscribers
Nov 11, 2008 – In less than a year, subscribers to TV services powered by the Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) Mediaroom IPTV and multimedia software have more than doubled, reaching over 2 million homes and powering services on nearly 4 million set-top boxes.
News categories: Microsoft, AT&T, Enrique Rodriguez, G.W. Shaw, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box
Microsoft Mediaroom Unveils Next-Generation Advertising Platform for IPTV Services
Sep 12, 2008 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has unveiled the Microsoft Mediaroom Advertising Platform at IBC2008. The offering lets IPTV service providers deploying Microsoft Mediaroom offer targeted, measurable and interactive advertising spots all from one platform.
News categories: Microsoft, Mediabrands, Enrique Rodriguez, Nick Brien, Broadband, Content Distribution, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware
Linksys Announces Plans to Expand Digital Home With New Media Center Extenders
Jan 7, 2008 – From the 2008 International Consumer Electronics Show, Linksys has announced its new Media Center Extender with DVD Player (DMA2200) and Media Center Extender (DMA2100) are available for purchase.
News categories: Linksys, CES2023, DVD, Smart Home, Streaming
BT and Microsoft Announce Partnership to Deliver Powerful, First-of-its-Kind Entertainment Experience to Consumers Through Xbox 360
Jan 6, 2008 – Microsoft and telecommunications leader BT announced they are bringing together the next-generation TV service BT Vision with Microsoft's Xbox 360 games and entertainment system.
News categories: Xbox, Microsoft, BT Vision, Robbie Bach, Bill Gates, Enrique Rodriguez, Dan Marks, Broadband, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, Middleware, UK
Microsoft Mediaroom Delivers Connected TV to More Than 1 Million Set-Top Boxes
Jan 6, 2008 – Microsoft has announced that its Microsoft Mediaroom Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) and multimedia platform is delivering video entertainment experiences to more than 1 million set-top boxes worldwide and its service provider customers are adding two new IPTV subscriber households every minute.
News categories: Microsoft, BT TV, Yankee Group, Enrique Rodriguez, Dan Marks, Vince Vittore, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Deutsche Telekom's T-Online to Offer High-Definition IPTV Service over Cisco IP Next-Generation Network
Apr 28, 2006 – Deutsche Telekom and Cisco have announced that T-Online's 'T-Home' service is based on the Cisco IP NGN architecture and is delivered with Cisco IP set-top boxes (STBs) supporting the Microsoft TV IPTV Edition software platform.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Deutsche Telekom, Microsoft, Mike Volpi, Kai-Uwe Ricke, Enrique Rodriguez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Germany, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Spain
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart