Digital TV News: Eric Benoit
STMicroelectronics powers Skyworth satellite HD zapper STB
Jun 2, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that its Cardiff satellite SoC (STiH237) is powering the new Skyworth Digital HD set-top box. Cardiff is ST’s entry-level satellite set-top-box (STB) platform.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Skyworth, Eric Benoit, Darrell Haber, Asia, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Albis shows ST-based OTT STB at TV Connect
Apr 23, 2015 – At TV Connect, Albis Technologies will demonstrate a solution designed to help service providers deliver OTT content. The solution features an STMicroelectronics STiH301 SoC at the heart of the SceneGate family of set-top boxes from Albis.
News categories: Albis Technologies, STMicroelectronics, Marcel Dind, Eric Benoit, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Video Exchange, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics unveils STB initiatives at TVConnect and CCBN
Mar 18, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced a number of STB initiatives. These include the introduction of a 'Liege2' product family, smaller and more power-efficient members of its existing Liege family and a cooperation with MaxLinear.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Eric Benoit, Brian Sprague, CCBN, Digital TV, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
MaxLinear chosen by STMicroelectronics for DVB-T2 STB reference design
Jun 20, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced its cooperation with STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) on a DVB-T2 set-top box (STB) design for the emerging free-to-air and hybrid terrestrial STB markets in Europe and Southeast Asia.
News categories: MaxLinear, STMicroelectronics, DVB-T2, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes