Digital TV News: Eric Benoit
STMicroelectronics powers Skyworth satellite HD zapper STB
Jun 2, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that its Cardiff satellite SoC (STiH237) is powering the new Skyworth Digital HD set-top box. Cardiff is ST’s entry-level satellite set-top-box (STB) platform.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Skyworth, Eric Benoit, Darrell Haber, Asia, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Albis shows ST-based OTT STB at TV Connect
Apr 23, 2015 – At TV Connect, Albis Technologies will demonstrate a solution designed to help service providers deliver OTT content. The solution features an STMicroelectronics STiH301 SoC at the heart of the SceneGate family of set-top boxes from Albis.
News categories: Albis Technologies, STMicroelectronics, Marcel Dind, Eric Benoit, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics unveils STB initiatives at TVConnect and CCBN
Mar 18, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced a number of STB initiatives. These include the introduction of a 'Liege2' product family, smaller and more power-efficient members of its existing Liege family and a cooperation with MaxLinear.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Eric Benoit, Brian Sprague, CCBN, Digital TV, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
MaxLinear chosen by STMicroelectronics for DVB-T2 STB reference design
Jun 20, 2013 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced its cooperation with STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) on a DVB-T2 set-top box (STB) design for the emerging free-to-air and hybrid terrestrial STB markets in Europe and Southeast Asia.
News categories: MaxLinear, STMicroelectronics, DVB-T2, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product