Digital TV News: Eric Chiou
TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
Sep 21, 2020 – Display panel prices exhibited a remarkable QoQ increase in 3Q20, a rare occurrence in recent years, according to TrendForce. Owing to shortages, certain panel prices may increase by as much as 10% QoQ in 4Q20.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV panel price upswing continues in August
Aug 20, 2020 – TV panel prices have been maintaining their upswing in August, with 55" panels and 32" panels each registering price hikes of about 10%, according to TrendForce. The panel industry is projected to see a significant improvement in profitability in 3Q20.
News categories: TrendForce, Eric Chiou, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
Jul 6, 2020 – According to TrendForce, after the 2Q20 period of sluggishness due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the TV panel market has seen demand rebound quickly, resulting in a higher-than-expected spike in TV panel quotes in July.
News categories: TrendForce, Eric Chiou, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
- SeaChange powers Screen iL TV service featuring Israeli content
- Bangladesh's MiME selects UniqCast's OTT/IPTV solution
- Converge launches VISION home entertainment service in the Philippines
- DELTA Fiber expands fiber network to 2 million addresses
- High-speed fibre overtakes DSL in OECD countries
- Liberty Global reports Q2 2021 results
- NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
- OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
- Peacock coming to Sky later this year
- Redge Media compliant with IAB TCF 2.0
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020