Digital TV News: Eric Haggstrom
Netflix losing US share as rivals gain
Aug 21, 2019 – This year, 182.5 million people in the US will view content via subscription OTT services, representing 55.3% of the population. While Netflix remains the most popular subscription service, rivals like Hulu and Amazon Prime Video are stealing share, according to eMarketer.
News categories: eMarketer, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
U.S. pay TV households to decline 4.2% this year
Aug 6, 2019 – Cord-cutting in the US continues to accelerate, with the number of cord-cutting households jumping another 19.2% this year. According to eMarketer, the number of households without a traditional pay TV subscription is quickly approaching those that have one.
News categories: eMarketer, Eric Haggstrom, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Mobile time surpasses TV time in the U.S.
Jun 5, 2019 – This year, for the first time, US adults will spend more time using their mobile devices than they will spend watching TV, with smartphone use dominating mobile time, according to eMarketer.
News categories: eMarketer, Yoram Wurmser, Eric Haggstrom, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, USA
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD