Digital TV News: Eric Chaubert
CANAL READY certification obtained by SmarDTV's latest CI Plus module
Sep 10, 2009 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.VX) has announced the availability of a new Conditional Access Module (CAM) for France. The SmarCAM-3 CANAL READY module enables CANAL+ Group's DTT offer to be viewed without a set-top and comes bundled with a CANAL+ smart card.
News categories: SmarDTV, CANAL+, CI Plus, Conditional Access, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Over Two Million SmarDTV CableCARDs Deployed Worldwide
Sep 30, 2008 – SmarDTV (SWX:KUD.VX) has announced that more than 2 million of its CableCARDs have been deployed worldwide. SmarDTV also announced the opening of a new regional office located in Seoul.
News categories: SmarDTV, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR, Korea, Middleware, Peripherals / Accessories, Smart TV, USA
CANAL+ Launches the World's First HD Digital Terrestrial USB Key Decoder for Pay TV
Sep 11, 2008 – Vivendi (Paris: VIV) subsidiary CANAL+, Nagravision (SWX:KUD.VX), and SmarDTV have joined forces to successfully deliver the world's first HD digital terrestrial (DTT) USB key decoder for pay television viewing on personal computers.
News categories: Nagravision, SmarDTV, LA CLE CANAL+, Conditional Access, Digital TV, France, IBC, Peripherals / Accessories, Terrestrial
Samsung and SmarDTV bring pay-TV services to Italian televisions
Jul 3, 2008 – SmarDTV (SWX:KUD) has announced that Samsung will offer SmarCAM Italia together with its TV sets in Italy. SmarCAM Italia allows TV viewers who have purchased credit to watch programs directly on their TV sets without the use of an external set-top box.
News categories: SmarDTV, Samsung, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Italy, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
SmarDTV launches universal CAM technology for Italy
Nov 30, 2007 – SmarDTV, a Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD) company, has announced the availability of a new Conditional Access Module (CAM) for Italy, and is currently demonstrating the product at the National Digital Terrestrial TV Conference in Torino.
News categories: SmarDTV, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Italy, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Proximus selects Velocix CDN to scale Pickx
- JW Player first with support for Open Measurement video ads
- Magnite finds 91% of TV viewers in LatAm watch streaming TV weekly
- Broadpeak CDN selection tool available in AWS Marketplace
- Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
- XroadMedia powers search and recommendations at Delta Fiber Nederland
- Rakuten TV to roll out 20 channels on Samsung TV Plus
- 75% of TVs sold in Germany in Q1 were UHD capable
- SoftAtHome deploys Disney+ on Orange France STBs
- ZEASN announces content monetization partners for WhaleLive
- Innovid enables programmatic interactive CTV ad buying at scale
- Bitcentral enables Dynamic Ad Insertion for Cowles Broadcasting on NewsON
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026