Digital TV News: Erik Brannon
U.S. pay TV cord-cutting fears validated by Q2 losses
Sep 1, 2015 – Validating industry cord-cutting fears, in the second quarter (Q2) of 2015, pay TV companies in the United States posted their worst ever quarterly video subscriber losses, shedding 658,450 subscribers, according to IHS (NYSE:IHS).
News categories: IHS Inc, Erik Brannon, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
U.S. cable performance improves
May 26, 2015 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), U.S. cable companies improved on normal quarterly losses in the first quarter (Q1) of 2015, losing only 132,900 subscribers since the fourth quarter (Q4) of 2014.
News categories: IHS, Erik Brannon, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
US pay TV subscriptions rise in Q1 as cable achieves best quarter in years
May 15, 2014 – The number of U.S. household subscribing to pay TV services surged in the first quarter, as the increasingly resilient cable segment moderated its customer loses, according to IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Technology, Erik Brannon, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
IPTV defies drop in US Pay TV market to gain subscribers in Q2
Aug 14, 2013 – Amid a plunge in subscribers for cable, and now satellite providers, Internet protocol television (IPTV) was the only segment of the U.S. pay-TV market to achieve growth in the second quarter, according to a new report from IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Canada's Pay-TV Market Set to Peak this Year
Sep 5, 2012 – Canada's pay-TV market is expected to reach the saturation point this year, compelling the country's cable, satellite and IPTV operators to seek new growth opportunities, according to an IHS Screen Digest report.
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
U.S. Pay-TV Net Adds Plunge in Q2 as Economy and Netflix Take Their Toll
Aug 10, 2012 – Net U.S. subscriber additions for pay-TV operators fell by nearly 350,000 in the second quarter - the largest subscriber drop in history - according to IHS Screen Digest (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
US Pay-TV Market Shows Resilience in Q2
Sep 9, 2011 – Despite a decline in video subscribers, the second quarter was a strong period for the U.S. pay-TV business, with revenue-generating units (RGU) for cable rising robustly due to expanding broadband and telephony segments, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR