Digital TV News: Eros Now
Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
Jun 30, 2020 – Eros Now (NYSE: EROS) has announced a partnership with Dish TV. As part of the association, Dish TV & D2H users can access Eros Now's massive content library through their Android STBs – Dish SMRT Hub and D2H Stream.
News categories: Eros Now, Dish TV India, Ali Hussein, Anil Dua, Apps, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Eros Now enters Bangladesh in partnership with Allianz Holdings
May 18, 2020 – Eros Now (NYSE: EROS) has announced a deal with Allianz International Holdings Limited. As part of the collaboration, Allianz Holdings will distribute the video-on-demand service in Bangladesh.
News categories: Eros Now, Allianz International, Eros Digital, Ali Hussein, Dr. Sakib M Rahman, Rishika Lulla Singh, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Streaming
Eros International and STX Entertainment to merge
Apr 17, 2020 – Eros International (NYSE:EROS) and STX Filmworks have entered into a stock-for-stock merger agreement to create the first publicly traded, independent content and distribution company with global reach and unique positions in the United States, India and China.
News categories: Eros International, STX Entertainment, Kishore Lulla, Robert Simonds, China, Digital TV, India, MandA, Streaming, USA
Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
Mar 23, 2020 – Eros International (NYSE: EROS) has announced that Eros Now has entered into a content deal with NBCUniversal and will launch Eros Now Prime, a stand-alone English content offering with over 2,000 hours of programming.
News categories: Eros International, NBCUniversal, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Eros Now partners with EUROSTAR Group for GCC countries
Jan 8, 2020 – Eros Now (NYSE: EROS) has announced a partnership with UAE-based digital retail giant, EUROSTAR Group. The association enables the large diaspora from the Indian sub-continent and locals across GCC countries to access Eros Now’s content library.
News categories: Eros Now, EUROSTAR Group, Ali Hussein, Shaan Jethwani, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming
Tata Sky Binge offers content from multiple apps via a dedicated Fire TV Stick
Dec 16, 2019 – Tata Sky has launched Tata Sky Binge. Tata Sky Binge is accessible through a Tata Sky Edition of the Amazon FireTV Stick, and allows subscribers to stream from a diverse mix of apps through a single platform, with a single subscription fee.
News categories: Tata Sky, Amazon, Pallavi Puri, Parag Gupta, Gaurav Gandhi, Rishika Lulla Singh, Siddhartha Roy, Apps, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box, Streaming, TV Everywhere
Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
Sep 19, 2019 – Eros Now is to build an online video platform on Microsoft Azure targeted at its consumers across the globe. Eros’ work with Microsoft will help transform how it delivers streaming services and reimagine the offerings it can provide.
News categories: Eros International, Microsoft, Rishika Lulla Singh, Peggy Johnson, Anant Maheshwari, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Airtel launches converged entertainment platform
Sep 2, 2019 – Bharti Airtel has announced the launch of its converged digital entertainment play: Airtel Xstream. Over the coming months, Airtel plans to roll out a range of solutions to cater to the entertainment needs of every customer segment of India.
News categories: Airtel, Adarsh Nair, Digital TV, India, Mobile, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Eros Now strikes distribution deal with TCL in India
Apr 23, 2019 – Eros Now (NYSE:EROS) has announced a partnership with TCL in India. As part of the deal all TCL TVs will come pre-loaded with the Eros Now app, providing customers with access to Eros Now’s extensive content library.
News categories: Eros Now, TCL, Rishika Lulla Singh, Hongwei Li, Apps, Digital TV, India, Smart TV, Streaming
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated