Digital TV News: Eros Now
Tata Sky adds ZEE5 to its Binge+ Android STB offer
Jul 9, 2020 – Tata Sky has extended its partnership with ZEE5 to include its Android-enabled smart set-top box which delivers content from live linear television and a host of OTT apps onto the TV.
News categories: Tata Sky, ZEE5, Apps, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
Jun 30, 2020 – Eros Now (NYSE: EROS) has announced a partnership with Dish TV. As part of the association, Dish TV & D2H users can access Eros Now's massive content library through their Android STBs – Dish SMRT Hub and D2H Stream.
News categories: Eros Now, Dish TV India, Ali Hussein, Anil Dua, Apps, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Eros Now enters Bangladesh in partnership with Allianz Holdings
May 18, 2020 – Eros Now (NYSE: EROS) has announced a deal with Allianz International Holdings Limited. As part of the collaboration, Allianz Holdings will distribute the video-on-demand service in Bangladesh.
News categories: Eros Now, Allianz International, Eros Digital, Ali Hussein, Dr. Sakib M Rahman, Rishika Lulla Singh, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Streaming
Eros International and STX Entertainment to merge
Apr 17, 2020 – Eros International (NYSE:EROS) and STX Filmworks have entered into a stock-for-stock merger agreement to create the first publicly traded, independent content and distribution company with global reach and unique positions in the United States, India and China.
News categories: Eros International, STX Entertainment, Kishore Lulla, Robert Simonds, China, Digital TV, India, MandA, Streaming, USA
Eros partners with NBCUniversal to launch Eros Now Prime
Mar 23, 2020 – Eros International (NYSE: EROS) has announced that Eros Now has entered into a content deal with NBCUniversal and will launch Eros Now Prime, a stand-alone English content offering with over 2,000 hours of programming.
News categories: Eros International, NBCUniversal, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Eros Now partners with EUROSTAR Group for GCC countries
Jan 8, 2020 – Eros Now (NYSE: EROS) has announced a partnership with UAE-based digital retail giant, EUROSTAR Group. The association enables the large diaspora from the Indian sub-continent and locals across GCC countries to access Eros Now’s content library.
News categories: Eros Now, EUROSTAR Group, Ali Hussein, Shaan Jethwani, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming
Tata Sky Binge offers content from multiple apps via a dedicated Fire TV Stick
Dec 16, 2019 – Tata Sky has launched Tata Sky Binge. Tata Sky Binge is accessible through a Tata Sky Edition of the Amazon FireTV Stick, and allows subscribers to stream from a diverse mix of apps through a single platform, with a single subscription fee.
News categories: Tata Sky, Amazon, Pallavi Puri, Parag Gupta, Gaurav Gandhi, Rishika Lulla Singh, Siddhartha Roy, Apps, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box, Streaming, TV Everywhere
Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
Sep 19, 2019 – Eros Now is to build an online video platform on Microsoft Azure targeted at its consumers across the globe. Eros’ work with Microsoft will help transform how it delivers streaming services and reimagine the offerings it can provide.
News categories: Eros International, Microsoft, Rishika Lulla Singh, Peggy Johnson, Anant Maheshwari, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Airtel launches converged entertainment platform
Sep 2, 2019 – Bharti Airtel has announced the launch of its converged digital entertainment play: Airtel Xstream. Over the coming months, Airtel plans to roll out a range of solutions to cater to the entertainment needs of every customer segment of India.
News categories: Airtel, Adarsh Nair, Digital TV, India, Mobile, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution