Digital TV News: European Audiovisual Observatory
Pay TV and SVOD in Europe on the up, TV viewing and Blu-ray slump
Nov 22, 2018 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published its Yearbook 2018/2019 on line service. The database provides comparative European data on film, television, on-demand and physical video in 41 countries.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
SVOD makes up 60% of the growth in Europe's pay audiovisual revenues
May 2, 2018 – The European Audiovisual Observatory’s Key Trends 2017/18 publication gives a practical and handy overview of the film, VOD and television sectors in Europe, covering 41 countries. The Observatory is proud to make this publication free of charge ahead of the Cannes Film Festival.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Gilles Fontaine, Digital TV, EU, Europe, Market Research
SVOD revenue in Europe grew by 128% annually between 2011 and 2016
Mar 8, 2018 – According to a report from the European Audiovisual Observatory, subscription VOD service revenue in Europe grew by 128% annually between 2011 and 2016 to represent 66% of total pay on-demand service revenue in 2016.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Gilles Fontaine, Christian Grece, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
Film and series channels make up 61% of pay on demand services in Europe
Nov 8, 2016 – Films and TV fiction are clearly the main driver for on-demand services. Pay on demand services specialized in film and TV fiction account for two-thirds of all pay-on demand services in Europe, compared with only 14% of TV channels.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Media ownership: towards pan-European groups?
Jul 4, 2016 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published a report on pan-European media groups. The report outlines some of the key players, their geographical footprint, their position in a range of markets, and their most recent strategies regarding expansion, acquisition and vertical integration.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, EU, Europe, Market Research
Number of TV channels in Europe still growing
Apr 5, 2016 – The total number of TV channels established in the EU grew by 49% from 3615 TV channels in 2009 to 5370 in 2015, according to data from the European Audiovisual Observatory's TV and VOD database.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, EU, Market Research
Russia had over 2,300 TV channels at the end of 2015
Mar 21, 2016 – According to the European Audiovisual Observatory, pay-TV is the cornerstone of the Russian TV market: over 2/3 of Russian TV households subscribed to pay-TV in 2014 with digital segment and IPTV as the main future drivers.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory,, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Number of pay TV operators in Europe falls 5.8% in 2013
Jul 16, 2014 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published the second volume of the 2013 edition of its Yearbook. In 2013, the pay-TV sector had 7,898 operators in 37 countries - a significant reduction in their number compared with 2009 (8,381, or -5.8%).
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, André Lange, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
May 16, 2013 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has just taken stock of on-demand audiovisual services on the occasion of the Cannes Film Market. These data are available in the MAVISE database, which has now been expanded to cover on-demand audiovisual services in Europe.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Europe, Market Research
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters