Digital TV News: European Audiovisual Observatory
Film and series channels make up 61% of pay on demand services in Europe
Nov 8, 2016 – Films and TV fiction are clearly the main driver for on-demand services. Pay on demand services specialized in film and TV fiction account for two-thirds of all pay-on demand services in Europe, compared with only 14% of TV channels.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Media ownership: towards pan-European groups?
Jul 4, 2016 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published a report on pan-European media groups. The report outlines some of the key players, their geographical footprint, their position in a range of markets, and their most recent strategies regarding expansion, acquisition and vertical integration.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, EU, Europe, Market Research
Number of TV channels in Europe still growing
Apr 5, 2016 – The total number of TV channels established in the EU grew by 49% from 3615 TV channels in 2009 to 5370 in 2015, according to data from the European Audiovisual Observatory's TV and VOD database.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, EU, Market Research
Russia had over 2,300 TV channels at the end of 2015
Mar 21, 2016 – According to the European Audiovisual Observatory, pay-TV is the cornerstone of the Russian TV market: over 2/3 of Russian TV households subscribed to pay-TV in 2014 with digital segment and IPTV as the main future drivers.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory,, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Number of pay TV operators in Europe falls 5.8% in 2013
Jul 16, 2014 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published the second volume of the 2013 edition of its Yearbook. In 2013, the pay-TV sector had 7,898 operators in 37 countries - a significant reduction in their number compared with 2009 (8,381, or -5.8%).
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, André Lange, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
May 16, 2013 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has just taken stock of on-demand audiovisual services on the occasion of the Cannes Film Market. These data are available in the MAVISE database, which has now been expanded to cover on-demand audiovisual services in Europe.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Europe, Market Research
22 of 27 EU countries implement analogue TV switch-off by end-2012
Mar 11, 2013 – The Yearbook recently published by the European Audiovisual Observatory showed that the year 2012 was a significant watershed for digital terrestrial television in the European Union with a total of 22 EU member States having hit the recommended digital switchover deadline.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Digital TV, EU, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Market Research, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Terrestrial, Turkey
European Audiovisual Observatory publishes study on Digital Switchover in Europe
Feb 18, 2013 – In the run-up to total digital switch-over the European Audiovisual Observatory has published a new report giving an overview of the status quo in European broadcasting.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Terrestrial
High Definition Sport tops the league in European television
Oct 9, 2012 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has announced European television market figures. HD channel growth continues to explode with a total of 941 in October. Sports, film, and those of the main generalist broadcasters are the most dominant channels in HD.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, EU, Europe, Market Research
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform