Digital TV News: Eurosport
Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
Sep 22, 2021 – Following Ross Video's recent withdrawal from NAB Show 2021 and the subsequent cancellation of the in-person event, Ross have announced that they will not be participating in IBC's physical 2021 exhibition.
News categories: Ross Video, Digital TV, IBC, Netherlands, Worldwide
BT rolls out new UI with BT TV Box Pro launch
Jun 4, 2021 – BT has unveiled the BT TV Box Pro, its most advanced set-top box. The box features 4K HDR viewing, Dolby Atmos and a new user interface giving customers more intuitive control.
News categories: BT TV, Chandru Lakshminarayanan, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
WarnerMedia, Discovery combination to be called 'Warner Bros. Discovery'
Jun 1, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced 'Warner Bros. Discovery' as the name for the proposed entertainment company that will emerge from the combination of WarnerMedia and Discovery assets.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, David Zaslav, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
May 17, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) have agreed to combine WarnerMedia's entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses to create a standalone global entertainment company.
News categories: AT&T, Discovery, Inc, John Stankey, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
JW Player acquires VUALTO
May 6, 2021 – JW Player has announced that it is acquiring VUALTO to complement its scalable video delivery offering with live streaming and DRM services for broadcasters. VUALTO will also expand JW Player’s customer base.
News categories: JW Player, VUALTO, Dave Otten, Camilla Young, DRM, MandA, Media Player, Worldwide
discovery+ launches in the U.S.
Jan 4, 2021 – discovery+ (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is now live in the U.S., with distribution agreements that will make the product one of the most widely available streaming services at launch.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., David Zaslav, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Gaming, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet, USA
Discovery and Vodafone announce discovery+ streaming partnership
Jan 4, 2021 – Discovery and Vodafone have are to collaborate on making discovery+ available to Vodafone subscribers in 12 markets across Europe. The partnership covers both Vodafone's TV and mobile customers.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Vodafone, David Zaslav, Kasia Kieli, Ahmed Essam, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Streaming, Turkey, UK
Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
Dec 2, 2020 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced the launch of discovery+, its non-fiction streaming service, debuting in the U.S. on January 4, 2021. The service will launch with a partnership with Verizon. Global rollout has already begun.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Verizon, David Zaslav, JB Perrette, Ronan Dunne, Digital TV, India, Ireland, Streaming, UK, USA, Worldwide
CANAL+ Group to acquire M7
May 27, 2019 – CANAL+ Group has announces the acquisition of M7, owned by Astorg. M7 is an aggregator and distributor of local and international channels via satellite and OTT platforms with a presence in the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, M7 Group, Maxime Saada, Jacques du Puy, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, MandA, Netherlands, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Streaming
- Megacable video subscribers up 59,000 in 3Q 2021
- Beijing Gehua Cable updates infrastructure with ATEME
- Ten million Freeview Play users in the UK
- Thailand pay TV revenues to grow to $1.1bn in 2026
- Cinedigm expands monetization opportunities with TheViewPoint
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030