Digital TV News: Evoca TV
Evoca to launch this month in Traverse City, Michigan
Apr 25, 2022 – Evoca has announced the NextGen TV service will launch in Traverse City, Michigan this May. In partnership with Heritage Broadcasting, area residents will also have access to the regional sports network Michigan Sports Now Plus.
News categories: Evoca, Heritage Broadcasting, 9&10 News, Todd Achilles, Pete Iacobelli, ATSC 3, Digital TV, USA
Evoca and partners enhance throughput with ATSC 3.0 cross-polarization
Apr 19, 2022 – Evoca TV has successfully transmitted TV content using the cross-polarization functionality of the ATSC 3.0 standard. Cross-polarization has the potential to dramatically increase the available payload for TV broadcasts.
News categories: Evoca TV, Rohde & Schwarz, ENENSYS, Kathrein, Televes, Todd Achilles, Manfred Reitmeier, Richard Lhermitte, Marc Dunham, Javier Ruano, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Evoca selects CommScope for Android TV ATSC 3.0 set-tops
Aug 25, 2021 – CommScope has been selected by Evoca to provide its subscribers with the latest generation of set-top solutions powered by Android TV with integrated dual multimode ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0 tuners.
News categories: CommScope, Evoca, Ken Haase, Todd Achilles, Android TV, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Edge Networks selects Vewd OpX to power Evoca TV
Jul 1, 2021 – Evoca TV has selected Vewd OpX to power the content and UX for its TV service. Vewd OpX is integrated into Evoca's Scout receiver and delivers linear, on-demand, apps and more within an intuitive TV experience.
News categories: Vewd, Evoca, Todd Achilles, Henrik Sten, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Edge Networks launches NextGen TV service with Harmonic
Dec 9, 2020 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Edge Networks launched its Evoca TV service with an end-to-end solution from Harmonic. Evoca combines OTA ATSC 3.0 broadcasts with video streaming to reach underserved areas in the U.S.
News categories: Harmonic, Edge Networks, Eric Armstrong, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
Apr 2, 2020 – Edge Networks has launched of its over-the-air television service, Evoca. Using ATSC 3.0 technology, the service offers 80+ TV channels. Rolling out first in Boise, Idaho, Evoca will offer HD and 4K services for less than $50 per month.
News categories: Edge Networks, Evoca, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV