Digital TV News: FITE
MetaX expands with content offer with FAST Channels TV
Jun 7, 2022 – MetaX Software has added 180 new channels to its linear TV catalog, providing viewers with access to free ad-supported television from FAST Channels TV. The line-up includes entertainment channels, family-friendly content and sports programming.
News categories: FAST Channels TV, MetaX, Russell Foy, Arella Hua, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
TCL Channel brings in FAST Channels TV content
Jun 1, 2022 – FAST Channels TV has announced an agreement with TCL Channel to bring more than 170 free ad-supported television (FAST) linear channels to TCL TVs. TCL Channel's streaming service offers a wide selection of premium live and on-demand programming.
News categories: FAST Channels TV, TCL Channel, Russell Foy, Feiyang Ding, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Southeast Asia added 2.8 million SVOD subscriptions in Q1 2022
May 31, 2022 – Southeast Asia (SEA) added 2.8 million net new SVOD subscriptions in Q1 2022 to reach an aggregate customer base of 39.5 million total subs, according to analysis published by Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
FreeCast adds 15 streaming channels from Fast Channels TV
May 2, 2022 – FreeCast has announced a new agreement with Fast Channels TV, bringing 15 new channels to SelectTV. Each of these free ad-supported television (FAST) channels will be available to current subscribers of the SelectTV super aggregation guide.
News categories: FreeCast, Fast Channels TV, Tracy West, Russell Foy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Allente deploys Synamedia SaaS security for OTT
Apr 26, 2022 – Synamedia has announced that Allente is deploying Synamedia's SaaS solutions to protect all streamed TV and video content. Synamedia OTT ServiceGuard and multi-DRM solutions will allow Allente to securely stream content across any open platform and to all devices.
News categories: Synamedia, Allente, Yael Fainaro, Jon Espen Nergård, Content Protection, Digital TV, Norway, Streaming
Russian-Ukrainian war and inflation impacting TV, LCD monitor, notebook markets
Apr 1, 2022 – According to TrendForce, the uncertainty of current global political and economic circumstances has upset demand for major display applications including TVs, LCD monitors, and notebooks, creating pressure to correct 1H22 expectations.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
FITE chooses Dooya to power FITE 24/7 FAST channel
Mar 8, 2022 – FITE has announced the expansion of FITE 24/7 into FITE's first Free Ad-Supported TV (FAST) channel. The channel will use Dooya's FASTCast process to provide distribution and monetization to cable operators as well as OTT platforms and connected TVs.
News categories: Dooya, FITE, John T. Wells, Louis Lewow, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
Jan 25, 2022 – According to TrendForce, the TV set market slowed in 2H 2021, leading to a decline in shipments of 3.2% year-on-year to 210 million units. In 2022, TV shipments are expected to grow by 3.4% to 217 million units.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
MeeVu debuts OTT PaaS for Eastern European telcos with UniqCast
Dec 20, 2021 – MeeVu offers network operators from Eastern Europe the opportunity to launch multiscreen, interactive TV. Using UniqCast technology the platform provides live TV, catch-up TV, on-demand video, 4K content, and multitenant capabilities.
News categories: UniqCast, MeeVu, Darko Robic, Jakub Kucharzewski, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK