Digital TV News: Fairfax Media
More than 400,000 Netflix subscription households in Australia
Jun 23, 2015 – Within two months of its local launch, over a million Australians across 400,000 households had signed up to Netflix, the latest Streaming Video On Demand (SVOD) data from Roy Morgan Research shows. The number of subscribers is more than 3 times the combined total of its rivals.
News categories: Roy Morgan Research, Tim Martin, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
thePlatform selected for Australia's 'Stan' SVOD
Mar 31, 2015 – thePlatform has announced that it has been selected by Stan, the joint venture between Nine Entertainment and Fairfax Media, to provide back-end video services for the Australian subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service.
News categories: thePlatform, Stan, Marty Roberts, Mike Sneesby, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
'Stan' S-VOD service coming soon to Australia
Nov 5, 2014 – StreamCo, a joint venture between Nine Entertainment and Fairfax Media, has unveiled 'Stan', the brand of their subscription video on demand service, launching soon. Stan will be available in HD via TVs, tablets and smart phones.
News categories: Fairfax Media, Nine Entertainment, Mike Sneesby, Australia, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
Australia's TPG Telecom to launch IPTV in 2015
Sep 24, 2014 – Australian telecommunications provider TPG Telecom has said that it plans to launch a full IPTV service in early 2015.
News categories: TPG Telecom, Craig Levy, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV
Ooyala technology for Foxtel's Presto OTT movie service
Mar 10, 2014 – Ooyala has announced that its technology is to be used by Foxtel's Presto subscription movie service. Presto will soon be available in Australia on PCs and iOS and Android devices.
News categories: Ooyala, Foxtel, Presto, Jay Fulcher, Rick Ellis, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK