Digital TV News: Ferdinand Kayser
SES and CANAL+ in long-term capacity agreement
Dec 16, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) and CANAL+ Group have confirmed the signature of a long-term, multi-year, multi-transponder framework agreement for SES satellite capacity in both France and Africa.
News categories: SES S.A, CANAL+ Group, Ferdinand Kayser, Sylvain Géron, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Satellite
SES to carry more HDTV channels for M7
Nov 29, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the satellite television provider M7 Group has contracted additional capacity and extended an existing capacity contract on SES’s ASTRA 3B satellite positioned at 23.5°E.
News categories: SES S.A, M7 Group, Ferdinand Kayser, Hans Troelstra, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Satellite, Slovakia
Fashion One launches world’s first global Ultra HD channel with SES
Sep 2, 2015 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) and Fashion One Television have launched the world's first global Ultra HD channel, Fashion One 4K. SES is delivering the free-to-air channel across North America, South America and Europe via its satellites.
News categories: SES S.A, Fashion One, Ferdinand Kayser, Gleb Livshits, Europe, Latin America, North America, Satellite
Sky Deutschland adds satellite capacity for Ultra HD
Jul 16, 2015 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that Sky Deutschland has secured additional capacity for Ultra HD broadcasts on ASTRA at 19.2 degrees East. Ultra HD delivers four times the resolution of today's HD TV.
News categories: SES S.A, Sky Deutschland, Ferdinand Kayser, Holger Ensslin, Austria, Content Distribution, Germany, Satellite
SES and CANAL+ test Champions League in Ultra HD on ASTRA
Jun 4, 2015 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that CANAL+ Group will test-broadcast the Final of the Champions League match FC Barcelona - Juventus produced by UEFA in Ultra High Definition on ASTRA on Saturday, June 6th.
News categories: SES S.A, CANAL+ Group, Ferdinand Kayser, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
StarTimes takes more satellite capacity for Africa on SES-5
Jun 2, 2015 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that StarTimes has extended its partnership with SES on the SES-5 satellite. StarTimes has contracted additional capacity to provide an enhanced TV viewing experience for its subscribers in Africa.
News categories: SES S.A, StarTimes, Ferdinand Kayser, Pang Xinxing, Africa, Content Distribution, Satellite
Europe's first FTA Ultra HD channel to launch on Astra at 19.2°E
May 20, 2015 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it will be broadcasting Europe's first free-to-air Ultra HD channel via Astra 19.2 degrees East. The German shopping channel, pearl.tv, will be produced and broadcast in native Ultra HD as of September 2015.
News categories: SES S.A, Enstyle, Ferdinand Kayser, Michael Sichler, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, Satellite
SES reach grows to 312 million TV homes
Mar 17, 2015 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it has increased its reach in 2014 to 312 million TV homes worldwide and thus reaches 1.1 billion people worldwide with its services.
News categories: SES S.A, Ferdinand Kayser, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, North America, Satellite
SES launches digital TV platform for West Africa
Jul 23, 2014 – SES (Paris; LuxX:SESG), in cooperation with service provider Computer Warehouse Group (NSE: CWG), has announced the launch of a new digital TV platform for West Africa on SES’s ASTRA 2F satellite at 28.2 degrees East.
News categories: SES S.A, Computer Warehouse Group, Austin Okere, Ferdinand Kayser, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia