Digital TV News: First Media
Bell Media launches addressable TV solution
Sep 12, 2023 – Bell Media has launched Addressable TV (ATV). ATV reaches viewers through the Bell Fibe TV app on Connected TV, mobile, and web platforms, and is set to launch on set-tops later this year.
News categories: Bell Media, Stewart Johnston, Nauby Jacob, Advertising, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Link Net deploys Open Caching with Qwilt and Cisco
Sep 12, 2023 – Link Net is working with Qwilt and Cisco to deploy a CDN solution, elevating the quality and delivery capacity of Link Net's streaming applications to homes across Indonesia.
News categories: Qwilt, Cisco, Link Net, Alon Maor, Theodore Tzevelekis, Marlo Budiman, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia
Nielsen report highlights content discovery challenge for viewers
Aug 28, 2023 – Nielsen has released a report illuminating the surging number of program titles and streaming video services, as well as the resulting challenges for viewers deciding what to watch.
News categories: Gracenote, Nielsen, Filiz Bahmanpour, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, North America, Streaming, UX
Magnite introduces omnichannel audience, data and identity suite
Jun 15, 2023 – Magnite has introduced Magnite Access, a suite of omnichannel audience products that make it easier for display, online video, and streaming media owners to maximize the value of their data assets.
News categories: Magnite, Adam Soroca, Martin Wexler, Serge Matta, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
Jun 8, 2023 – By enabling Addressable TV (ATV) on Bell Fibe TV, Bell Media is the first media company in Canada to offer ATV on linear channels through a Canadian broadcast distributor.
News categories: Bell Media, Stewart Johnston, Nauby Jacob, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Planetcast to showcase distribution technologies at NAB Show 2023
Apr 12, 2023 – Planetcast will feature its suite of products, from Cloud Playout to Media Asset Management (MAM) to Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) to Over-the-top (OTT) streaming at NAB 2023.
News categories: Planetcast, Switch Media, Sanjay Duda, Mark Johns, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
NBCUniversal extends capabilities of One Platform technology stack
Feb 8, 2023 – NBCUniversal (NBCU) has unveiled expanded capabilities for its One Platform technology stack. NBCU is partnering industrywide to build an automated, interactive, and transparent future for fans, storytellers and marketers.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Steve Wozniak, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
Jun 28, 2022 – Media Distillery has announced that Sunrise has deployed its EPG Correction Distillery. Thanks to the technology, the operator’s DTV subscribers with the latest generation TV box now see accurate EPG start- and end-times for programmes.
News categories: Media Distillery, Sunrise, Liberty Global, Roland Sars, Tina Rodriguez, Chris van der Linden, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Switzerland, UX
Nielsen enters agreement to be acquired by private equity consortium
Mar 29, 2022 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has agreed to be acquired by a private equity consortium led by Evergreen Coast Capital and Brookfield Business Partners along with institutional partners in a transaction valued at ~$16 billion.
News categories: Nielsen, Elliott, Brookfield, James A. Attwood, Jesse Cohn, Marc Steinberg, Dave Gregory, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, USA, Worldwide
- World Archery partners with Joymo to upgrade Archery+ platform
- 20% of US internet households own a TV antenna, and 12% plan to buy one
- MetaBroadcast partners with Gracenote for Barb contract
- Amdocs research reveals streaming consumer expectations for 2024
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline