Digital TV News: Flipkart
MediaTek MT9602 Smart TV SoC launches with Flipkart in India
Oct 8, 2020 – MediaTek has unveiled a Smart TV SoC MT9602 for 4K HDR displays. The SoC delivers real-time video optimization, with improved picture and audio quality using AI, HDMI 2.1a and global HDR support, and AV1 & AVS2 decoding.
News categories: Mediatek, Flipkart, Mike Chang, Dev Iyer, Digital TV, ICs, India, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
India TV shipments climb to a record 15 Million units in 2019
Mar 17, 2020 – Shipments of TVs in India grew 15% annually to reach a highest-ever 15 million units in 2019, according to Counterpoint. The growth is mainly driven by budget smart TVs with 32" TVs the leading segment and penetrating sub-US$150 price bands.
News categories: Counterpoint, Karn Chauhan, Debasish Jana, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Flipkart to introduce its first Nokia Smart TV in India
Nov 6, 2019 – Flipkart has been granted the use of the Nokia brand for Smart TVs in India. Flipkart will leverage its understanding of the needs of Indian consumers to develop and facilitate the manufacturing and distribution of the Nokia branded Smart TVs, while managing the end-to-end go-to-market strategy.
News categories: Flipkart, Nokia, HARMAN, Adarsh Menon, Vipul Mehrotra, Pradeep Chaudhry, Digital TV, India, Smart TV
SonyLIV to be available on CloudWalker Smart TVs in India
Oct 4, 2019 – SonyLIV has tied up with CloudWalker to offer its content library on the latter's Smart TV devices. Starting October 2019, content from the repertoire of SonyLIV will be available on a range of CloudWalker Smart TVs redefining big screen entertainment for Indian families.
News categories: SonyLIV, CloudWalker, Uday Sodhi, Jagdish Rajpurohit, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Smart TV
Airtel launches converged entertainment platform
Sep 2, 2019 – Bharti Airtel has announced the launch of its converged digital entertainment play: Airtel Xstream. Over the coming months, Airtel plans to roll out a range of solutions to cater to the entertainment needs of every customer segment of India.
News categories: Airtel, Adarsh Nair, Digital TV, India, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
Global TV ad investment to grow 2.2% in 2018
Dec 4, 2017 – GroupM has updated its ad investment forecasts for 2017 and 2018. Globally, television investment will grow 0.4% in 2017 and 2.2% in 2018, but TV will lose one share point this year and another next. China’s regulated TV is the headwind.
News categories: GroupM, Adam Smith, Kelly Clark, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand