Digital TV News: Fox
Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
Sep 26, 2023 – Tubi (NASDAQ: FOXA, FOX) has announced Rabbit AI, a mobile feature powered by ChatGPT-4 that offers viewers a new way to navigate the platform and discover movies and TV shows.
News categories: Tubi, Blake Bassett, Big Data, Digital TV, Latin America, North America, Streaming, UX
Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
Sep 7, 2023 – DIAGNAL has supported enhancements to Intigral's entertainment services, working on improving navigation, introducing a kids mode, creating a branded sports section and launching the service in French.
News categories: DIAGNAL, Intigral, Reuben Verghese, Bill Sharp, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming, UX
Project launched to improve entertainment metadata management and delivery
Sep 13, 2023 – Fabric is collaborating with IMDb, FOX, Paramount, ITV, EIDR and Xperi on the Authenticated Data Specification (ADS) Accelerator Project, aiming to improve the management and delivery of accurate metadata for content.
News categories: Fabric, Tuncay Pervaz, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, Worldwide
Brightcove powers AVOD streaming at In The Black Network
Sep 7, 2023 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has been selected by In The Black Network (ITBN) to deliver its AVOD content globally. The streaming service is expected to launch this October.
News categories: Brightcove, In The Black Network, Marc DeBevoise,, James DuBose, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Tubi surpasses 74 million monthly active Users
Sep 6, 2023 – Tubi (NASDAQ:FOXA, FOX) has surpassed 74 million monthly active users and logged nearly 4 billion streaming hours for the first half of the year, reaching 1.4% of total U.S. TV viewing time.
News categories: Tubi, Anjali Sud, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
NAGRA and Eluvio partner on video distribution with forensic watermarking
Sep 6, 2023 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Eluvio have announced the integration of NAGRA NexGuard forensic watermarking to secure playback of video via the Eluvio Content Fabric and Eluvio Media Wallet.
News categories: NAGRA, Eluvio, Ken Gerstein, Michelle Munson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
Virgin Media unveils FAST channels powered by Amagi and 24i
Aug 23, 2023 – Amagi, in collaboration with 24i, has announced that Virgin Media has used its integrated solution to launch and monetize a new line-up of themed FAST channels on Virgin TV.
News categories: Amagi, 24i, Virgin Media, Srinivasan KA, Donald McGarva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Minneapolis TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Aug 22, 2023 – Minneapolis viewers can now experience the future of broadcast TV as five local stations - WUCW-TV, KSTP-TV, WCCO-TV, KMSP-TV and KARE-TV - launch NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: ONE Media, NAB, Minnesota Broadcasters Association, Jerald Fritz, Wendy Paulson, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Yospace provides SSAI for streaming app from Norway's TV 2
Aug 17, 2023 – Norway's TV 2 has selected Yospace to support server-side ad insertion (SSAI) on its TV 2 Play app. The app integrated SSAI for VOD content at launch, with livestreams to be added in the autumn.
News categories: Yospace, TV 2, Edward New, Roy Kenneth Venjum, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2023, Norway, Streaming
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029