Digital TV News: France Télévisions
Terrestrial broadcast infrastructure revenue stable in Europe
Jun 1, 2021 – Terrestrial broadcast network infrastructure operators in Europe garnered revenues exceeding €2.3 billion for TV and radio transmission in 2020, a stable amount compared to previous years, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Terrestrial
VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
Dec 2, 2020 – VUALTO has announced that France Télévisions has chosen to implement VUALTO’s digital rights management solution, VUDRM, to protect and deliver its audiovisual content across all its digital platforms.
News categories: VUALTO, France Télévisions, Camilla Young, Fernando López Navarro, Digital TV, DRM, France, OTT
Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
Dec 1, 2020 – SoftAtHome has announced that its Multiscreen Video Player powers the new Addressable TV offering launched by Orange France. The first partnership with a national broadcaster, France Télévisions, is already up and running.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Orange, David Viret-Lange, Christian Bombrun, Advertising, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Media Player
FranceTV Publicité begins addressable TV campaigns on Orange STBs
Nov 13, 2020 – FranceTV Publicité and Orange have begun to offer addressable TV in France. Targeted advertising will be deployed on channels from France Télévisions received by users with set-top boxes from Orange.
News categories: Orange, FranceTV Publicité, Advertising, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box
Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
Oct 22, 2020 – Bedrock, the joint venture formed by Groupe M6 and RTL Group, has announced that its technology is powering Salto, the streaming platform created by Groupe TF1, France Télévisions and Groupe M6.
News categories: Bedrock, Salto, Jonas Engwall, Thomas Follin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, OTT
Orange and FranceTV Publicité partner on addressable TV advertising
Jul 28, 2020 – Orange and FranceTV Publicité have signed an agreement on addressable TV advertising. Under the agreement, Orange will share its technological expertise, through its 7 million TV set-top boxes, with FranceTV Publicité.
News categories: FranceTV Publicité, Orange, Marianne Siproudhis, Christian Bombrun, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box
RTL to invest in Groupe M6's Bedrock streaming platform
Mar 13, 2020 – Groupe M6 (Paris:MMT) has been developing in-house expertise around its online television services. With the aim of continuing its development, Groupe M6 is opening up Bedrock’s capital, enabling RTL Group to acquire a 50% stake.
News categories: Groupe M6, RTL Group, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, France, OTT
5G-MAG launch puts media in the centre of 5G
Sep 13, 2019 – A 5G Media Action Group (5G-MAG) has been launched to provide a framework for all relevant stakeholders to collaborate on a market driven implementation of 5G in production and distribution of audiovisual media content and services.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, 5G-MAG, Antonio Arcidiacono, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC, Worldwide
Dotscreen to develop Freesat UI on Arris set-top box
Sep 13, 2019 – DOTSCREEN has announced its selection by Freesat as the developer of the operator's User Interface for its next HbbTV compliant set-top box. DOTSCREEN has already been working for Freenet TV in Germany and Fransat in France.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Freesat, Arris, Chandan Rajah, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution