Digital TV News: France Telecom
ULDAGE begins satellite UHDTV patent pool licensing
Jul 3, 2017 – ULDAGE has announced the commencement of patent licensing activities under the system of a patent pool that bundles and licenses the patents that are essential to the realization of the UHDTV satellite broadcasting standards.
News categories: ULDAGE, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Satellite, Worldwide
Appear TV multiscreen/OTT video platform for Orange Slovakia
Oct 17, 2016 – Appear TV has announced that Slovakia’s largest mobile operator, Orange SK, has installed the XC5000 platform OTT headend system. The integration was done by Sunteq, a provider of digital audio and video technologies who represents Appear TV in Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
News categories: Appear TV, Orange, Carl Walter Holst, Jirí Laznicka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Slovakia, Streaming
Telcos snapping at heels of established pay TV operators
Sep 17, 2015 – According to Futuresource Consulting, following a number of false starts in Western Europe, IPTV homes are now a viable platform, hitting 27 million in 2014, 15% of all TV households, with growth of 30% expected between now and 2019.
News categories: Futuresource, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
ZTE ranked no. 1 in IPTV middleware, VOD and STBs
Mar 4, 2014 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has been ranked number one globally in three major market segments: middleware, video-on-demand (VOD), and set-top boxes (STB) in the IPTV Global Market Leader Report issued by MRG.
News categories: ZTE, Multimedia Research Group, Frank Fang, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Orange chooses Norigin Media's Hybrid Apps
Sep 10, 2013 – Norigin Media has announced the signing of a global agreement with Orange (France Telecom). With this partnership, the Orange Group will deploy Norigin Media's Hybrid Apps product across key markets.
News categories: Norigin Media, Orange, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming, TV Everywhere
BRIC countries keep Pay-TV market growing despite cable subscriber losses
Jul 30, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Pay TV Services and Subscribers report. Cable makes up the largest portion of the pay-TV market, but this will change by 2017 when satellite grows to more than 40% of total pay-TV revenue.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
World's 20 largest IPTV operators serve 83% of global IPTV households
Jun 6, 2013 – An SNL Kagan analysis of the world's 20 largest IPTV providers shows that a handful of operators dominate the global IPTV market with a geographic concentration in Western Europe and Asia-Pacific.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Julija Jurkevic, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Subscribers
Orange passes 6 million pay TV customer mark in 1Q 2013
Apr 24, 2013 – France Telecom-Orange (NYSE:FTE) has released results for the first quarter of 2013. In France, digital TV grew 14.3% year on year to 5.208 million customers at 31 March 2013, while in Poland the number of digital TV customers rose 5.4% to 699,000.
News categories: Orange, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers
France Telecom-Orange adds 770,000 digital TV subscribers in 2012
Feb 20, 2013 – France Telecom-Orange (NYSE:FTE) has published its end-2012 results. In Europe, digital TV (IPTV and satellite) rose 15.0% with 5.9 million subscribers at 31 December 2012, up 770,000 in the year, mostly in France and Poland, but also in Slovakia and Spain.
News categories: France Telecom, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service