Digital TV News: Fraunhofer IIS
Fraunhofer IIS and Vewd show MPEG-H Audio support in HbbTV
Sep 13, 2018 – At IBC, Fraunhofer IIS and Vewd showcased an HbbTV demo that includes DVB DASH streaming on a set-top box running Vewd Core and Vewd HbbTV Module with MPEG-H Audio support, as defined in the latest HbbTV 2.0.2 specification.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Vewd, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Fraunhofer IIS codec chosen for China's 3D audio standard for UHD TV
Apr 5, 2018 – China’s AVS 3D Audio Task Group has chosen Fraunhofer IIS as the transmission audio codec solution provider for the upcoming 3D Audio standard that will be used in the country’s 4K UHD broadcast.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Toni Fiedler, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow
Mstar T12 UHD TV SoC incorporates Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio
Sep 15, 2017 – Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS and MStar Semiconductor have announced the availability of the MPEG-H TV Audio System decoder in MStar’s 4K mainstream TV system-on-chip (SOC) platform T12.
News categories: MStar Semi, Fraunhofer, Sean Lin, Harald Popp, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV
South Korea launches UHD TV with MPEG-H Audio
Jun 1, 2017 – The MPEG-H TV Audio System was the first next-generation audio codec worldwide to go on air 24/7 as South Korea launched its 4K UHD TV on May 31. The service includes immersive and interactive sound, thanks to the MPEG-H standard.
News categories: Fraunhofer, Digital TV, Korea, Smart TV
LG licenses MPEG-H software from Fraunhofer IIS
Jan 5, 2017 – In early 2017, LG will deliver television models with the MPEG-H TV Audio, a technology mainly developed by Fraunhofer IIS. In advance of the service launch in South Korea, Fraunhofer IIS will preview the system at CES 2017.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, LG, Harald Popp, CES2023, Digital TV, Korea, Licensing, Smart TV, Terrestrial
MPEG-H Audio Alliance shows audio system at CES2016
Jan 5, 2016 – At CES, Fraunhofer presents the audio system developed by the MPEG-H Audio Alliance of Fraunhofer IIS, Technicolor and Qualcomm. It allows broadcasters and streaming services to deliver video streaming and TV audio at low bit rates and in a cost-effective manner.
News categories: MPEG-H Audio Alliance, Fraunhofer, ATSC 3, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Technicolor and Fraunhofer announce MPEG-H Audio licensing program
Aug 26, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) and Fraunhofer IIS have announced the formation of a licensing program as part of the market introduction of the TV audio system developed by the MPEG-H Audio Alliance.
News categories: Technicolor, Fraunhofer, Sinclair Broadcast, Samsung, Manuele Wahl, Bernhard Grill, Mark Aitken, John Godfrey, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, USA, Worldwide
Fraunhofer IIS, Qualcomm and Technicolor to demonstrate MPEG-H Audio
Apr 11, 2015 – At NAB 2015, Fraunhofer IIS, Qualcomm and Technicolor will offer the world’s first live broadcast demonstration of MPEG-H Audio, the TV audio system currently proposed for ATSC 3.0 and being developed for over-the-top streaming video services.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Qualcomm, Technicolor, Robert Bleidt, Samir Gupta, Claude Gagnon, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Google selects HE-AAC Multichannel from Fraunhofer IIS for Google Play Movies in Surround Sound
Jul 24, 2013 – Fraunhofer IIS has announced that Google has chosen its HE-AAC Multichannel as Android's surround sound codec. The immersive sound is now available with movies streamed or downloaded from Google Play on devices running Android 4.1 or later.
News categories: Fraunhofer, Media Player, Mobile, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle