Digital TV News: FreeWheel
VIZIO announces first certified OAR technology partners
Jul 1, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has announced that LTN, Beachfront, FreeWheel, INVIDI, Google, Adcuratio and Extreme Reach are compliant with Open Addressable Ready (OAR) specifications and are certified to enable OAR campaigns.
News categories: VIZIO, Zeev Neumeier, Malik Khan, Ben Abbatiello, Stefan Maris, Bruce Anderson, Peentoo Patel, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Connected TVs and VOD embedded in UK viewing habits
Apr 22, 2021 – FreeWheel has unveiled research aimed at discovering how UK viewers use video devices and platforms, understand the reasons behind their preferences and explore attitudes towards free-to-access video platforms with advertising.
News categories: FreeWheel, Happydemics, Virginie Dremeaux, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
Apr 14, 2021 – FreeWheel is rolling out technology that offers multiplatform, addressable audience targeting across all screens, including linear TV. Comcast and Charter are the first inventory owners to offer the technology to buyers.
News categories: FreeWheel, Dave Clark, David Kline, James Rooke, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
FreeWheel releases 10th anniversary U.S. Video Marketplace Report
Mar 29, 2021 – FreeWheel has released the 10th anniversary edition of its U.S. Video Marketplace Report. As people’s consumption of media has fragmented across devices, many have returned to the living room to watch connected TV.
News categories: FreeWheel, Dave Clark, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
FOX, FreeWheel offer programmatic advertising on Comcast STB VOD
Mar 25, 2021 – Fox Corporation (Nasdaq: FOXA, FOX) has announced that it has partnered with Comcast's FreeWheel to enable programmatic trading of addressable STB VOD within the Comcast Xfinity footprint.
News categories: FreeWheel, Fox Corp, The Trade Desk, Comcast, Dave Clark, Dan Callahan, Jon Tabak, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Univision signs up to Project OAR
Feb 2, 2021 – Univision has announced that it has joined Project OAR, the consortium of American media companies created to establish a common technology for dynamic, addressable advertising management for TV.
News categories: Univision, Project OAR, Donna Speciale, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
TEGNA extends partnership with FreeWheel
Jan 7, 2021 – TEGNA (NYSE: TGNA) and FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) have announced a multi-year deal to further transform and automate the way TEGNA’s buyers and sellers transact, including through CTV/OTT advertising platform Premion.
News categories: FreeWheel, TEGNA, Premion, Ian Banks, Kurt Rao, Tom Cox, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
FreeWheel to acquire ad tech company Beeswax
Dec 17, 2020 – FreeWheel has announced that it has agreed to acquire Beeswax. The acquisition will expand FreeWheel's programmatic marketplace capabilities across all forms of TV and video advertising, including CTV and STB VOD.
News categories: FreeWheel, Beeswax, Dave Clark, Ari Paparo, Advertising, Digital TV, MandA, USA
FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
Dec 2, 2020 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has announced a linear/digital convergence: FreeWheel will be leading ad decisioning across all NBCUniversal (NBCU) properties using their new AutoScheduler technology.
News categories: FreeWheel, NBCUniversal, Dave Clark, Ryan McConville, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated