Digital TV News: FreeWheel
FreeWheel releases 10th anniversary U.S. Video Marketplace Report
Mar 29, 2021 – FreeWheel has released the 10th anniversary edition of its U.S. Video Marketplace Report. As people’s consumption of media has fragmented across devices, many have returned to the living room to watch connected TV.
News categories: FreeWheel, Dave Clark, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
FOX, FreeWheel offer programmatic advertising on Comcast STB VOD
Mar 25, 2021 – Fox Corporation (Nasdaq: FOXA, FOX) has announced that it has partnered with Comcast's FreeWheel to enable programmatic trading of addressable STB VOD within the Comcast Xfinity footprint.
News categories: FreeWheel, Fox Corp, The Trade Desk, Comcast, Dave Clark, Dan Callahan, Jon Tabak, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Univision signs up to Project OAR
Feb 2, 2021 – Univision has announced that it has joined Project OAR, the consortium of American media companies created to establish a common technology for dynamic, addressable advertising management for TV.
News categories: Univision, Project OAR, Donna Speciale, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
TEGNA extends partnership with FreeWheel
Jan 7, 2021 – TEGNA (NYSE: TGNA) and FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) have announced a multi-year deal to further transform and automate the way TEGNA’s buyers and sellers transact, including through CTV/OTT advertising platform Premion.
News categories: FreeWheel, TEGNA, Premion, Ian Banks, Kurt Rao, Tom Cox, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
FreeWheel to acquire ad tech company Beeswax
Dec 17, 2020 – FreeWheel has announced that it has agreed to acquire Beeswax. The acquisition will expand FreeWheel's programmatic marketplace capabilities across all forms of TV and video advertising, including CTV and STB VOD.
News categories: FreeWheel, Beeswax, Dave Clark, Ari Paparo, Advertising, Digital TV, MandA, USA
FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
Dec 2, 2020 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has announced a linear/digital convergence: FreeWheel will be leading ad decisioning across all NBCUniversal (NBCU) properties using their new AutoScheduler technology.
News categories: FreeWheel, NBCUniversal, Dave Clark, Ryan McConville, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
Nov 24, 2020 – FreeWheel has revealed that 70% of UK marketers surveyed expect Advanced TV ad spend to grow in the next 12 months. Advanced TV refers to VOD, connected TV, OTT, audience-based linear advertising, programmatic advertising and addressable TV.
News categories: FreeWheel, CoLab, Virginie Dremeaux, Advertising, Digital TV, UK
FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
Oct 15, 2020 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has released the latest edition of its U.S. Video Marketplace Report. The report found that video viewing soared as consumers were forced to hunker down at home.
News categories: FreeWheel, David Dworin, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Freewheel integrates NBC Spot On’s OTT inventory
Jul 27, 2020 – The NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division has announced that it has signed a deal with FreeWheel to make it easier for advertisers to access NBC Spot On’s premium inventory, through Freewheel's Strata platform.
News categories: Freewheel, NBC Spot On, Mark McKee, Shawn Makhijani, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021