Digital TV News: Frost & Sullivan
Expansion of OTT and TVE services driving content protection market growth
Aug 4, 2017 – Frost & Sullivan's recent analysis finds that content protection market revenues will grow from nearly $1.7 billion in 2016 to just shy of $2 billion by 2021, at a compound annual rate (CAGR) of 3.4 percent.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Mukul Krishna, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Samsung launches data monetization solution for IoT
Jul 31, 2017 – Samsung has announced Samsung ARTIK Cloud Monetization for the Internet of Things (IoT), a service that allows device manufacturers and service providers to create service plans that generate revenue directly from the interactions of devices and services.
News categories: Samsung, James Stansberry, Pete Horton, Stefan Grosjean, Dilip Sarangan, Smart Home, Worldwide
GTPL Hathway boosts channel count and OTT services with Harmonic
Jul 19, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that GTPL, India's leading digital cable TV distribution company has deployed a next-generation software-based unified video headend system from Harmonic.
News categories: Harmonic, Hathway, Tony Berthaud, Aniruddhsinh Jadeja, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, TV Everywhere
OTT to transform TV viewing in the MENA region
May 3, 2017 – The boom in smartphone and internet penetration is transforming traditional TV viewership patterns in the MENA region as well as is attracting significant investment, according to Frost & Sullivan.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Aafia Bathool, Vidya S Nath, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Streaming
Huge investment supports accelerated VR innovation
Mar 7, 2017 – Frost & Sullivan expects that the global VR hardware and software market will grow from $1.37 billion in 2015 to $33.90 billion by 2022, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 57.8 percent between 2016 and 2022.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Mohammed Jawad, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
OTT content is driving demand for streaming media devices and smart TVs
Feb 23, 2017 – Growing preference for OTT content is catalyzing demand for streaming media devices and smart TVs. The market is now ready to match consumer expectations by offering seamless accessibility to on-demand content through a new generation of devices.
News categories: Frost and Sullivan, Avni Rambhia, V Aravindh, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
More than 50 sign-up for Opera TV Certification Program
Dec 22, 2016 – Opera TV has announced that its Opera TV Certification Program now has more than 50 content service providers signed up. Participation in the program enables participants to develop and deploy the same HTML5 applications across Opera TV’s certified platforms and devices.
News categories: Opera TV, Frost & Sullivan, Daniel Nordberg, Avni Rambhia, Apps, CES2023, Digital TV, HTML5, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
Viu launches SVOD in Singapore with Singtel
Jul 8, 2016 – PCCW Media’s OTT video service, Viu, has launched its premium subscription service in Singapore with Singtel, the largest telecommunications company in Singapore, offering viewers unlimited downloads of their favourite content.
News categories: PCCW Media, Singtel, Janice Lee, Digital TV, Singapore, Streaming
SMIT to supply Irdeto CAM for Germany's freenet DTT
Jun 8, 2016 – SMIT (stock code: 2239) has announced that they have partnered with Irdeto to supply a CI Plus Module with Irdeto Cloaked CA to Germany's network operator MEDIA BROADCAST ahead of its new freenet TV DTT service launch.
News categories: SMIT Holdings, Irdeto, MEDIA BROADCAST, Brenda Bai, Steeve Huin, CAM, Digital TV, Germany, Terrestrial
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools