Digital TV News: Futuresource
Nordic video markets riding high
May 21, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, not only are consumers in the Nordic region subscribing to multiple SVoD services, but they are also driving a return to growth for the transactional video market.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
COVID-19: $120bn impact on CE, entertainment content and pro AV in 2020
Apr 24, 2020 – Futuresource Consulting has evaluated the potential financial impact of COVID-19 on CE, entertainment content and professional AV markets. The firm anticipates as much as $120 billion will be wiped from the retail value of these sectors.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Simon Bryant, Alexandre Jornod, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Futuresource explores prospects for the media streamer/STB market
Apr 14, 2020 – A report from Futuresource Consulting explores the future prospects for the media streamer and set-top box market, as consumer demand gradually shifts away from traditional Pay-TV toward more flexible SVOD services.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Matthew Rubin, Carl Hibbert, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
Apr 6, 2020 – According to Futuresource, 'Super Premium VOD' continues to propel South Korea to be one of the leading transactional VOD markets in the world. The offering allows Korean customers to rent film titles as early as 4 weeks post cinema release.
News categories: Futuresource, Tristan Veale, Digital TV, Korea, Market Research, Streaming
Brazil's video market picks up the pace
Mar 18, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, Brazil’s video entertainment market has emerged from the shadow of recession. New SVoD services from global players and increased investment in pay TV and OTT services by local media companies are seen as the key drivers.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Brazil, Digital TV, Market Research
Service stacking shows consumers not yet suffering from service fatigue
Mar 18, 2020 – More than half of all SVOD users who subscribe to three or more services will purchase additional services this year, according to Futuresource Consulting. Service stacking is becoming commonplace across many countries worldwide.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Local players fighting SVOD giants in India
Mar 12, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, by the end of the year, India will have the third most SVOD subscribers of any country worldwide, after China and the USA, and is predicted to reach 95 million in 2023.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
Polish consumer video spend on track for 25% growth
Mar 3, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, Poland’s SVoD market continues to power through a growth curve, with spend closing in on PLN1 billion at the close of 2019, as the Netflix subscriber base increased to 1.6 million.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Digital TV, Market Research, Poland
German video entertainment market approaching €10 billion in 2020
Mar 3, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, 2019 was a defining year for the German TV and video market, with mass market resistance to premium digital video finally falling away and paving the way for next month’s launch of Disney+.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion
- Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
- Disney+ comes to Panasonic TVs
- Innovid introduces interoperable infrastructure for identity resolution
- Ampersand launches improved solution for multiscreen TV campaign measurement
- Dl Gtpl chooses ATEME cable headend solution
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations