Digital TV News: GS Group
27m to develop SiP-based STB for General Satellite
Oct 5, 2014 – 27m has been selected by GS Group as the design house to create the first set-top box, under the brand 'General Satellite', based on their custom made System-in-Package (SiP).
News categories: 27m Technologies, GS Group, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Sweden
GS develops satellite+terrestrial STB for Tricolor TV
Sep 16, 2014 – GS Group has announced its General Satellite GS E212 set-top box. The box is able to receive both satellite and terrestrial signals and was developed for the largest Russian satellite operator, Tricolor TV.
News categories: General Satellite, Andrew Bezrukov, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
GS Group plans satellite broadcasting in Myanmar
Sep 16, 2014 – The GS Group has unveiled plans for the implementation of a satellite broadcasting project in Myanmar, together with a local partner. Myanmar is a promising region due to the current low availability of pay TV in the country.
News categories: GS Group, Denis Budilov, Digital TV, Myanmar, Satellite
Bid Studios provides industrial design for General Satellite set-top boxes
Jun 23, 2014 – General Satellite has announced the launch of a range of new set-top boxes with industrial design provided by London-based BID Studios to have a more contemporary and attractive appeal to customers.
News categories: General Satellite, BID Studios, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
GS Group and Beximco announce launch of first DTH company for Bangladesh
May 27, 2014 – Beximco Group has announced a joint venture with Russian investment and industry holding giant GS Group to launch Bangladesh’s first DTH (Direct to Home) company for TV viewers in the country.
News categories: GS Group, Beximco, Salman F Rahman, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite
Exset Advances Cambodian STB Services with Hyundai Digital Technology
Sep 11, 2012 – Exset has selected Hyundai Digital Technology (HDT) as its STB strategic partner, where HDT is presently providing MPEG4 Set-Top-Boxes (STBs) for One TV, the first nationwide digital terrestrial TV platform service in Cambodia.
News categories: Hyundai Digital Technology, Exset, One TV, Cambodia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
hellas online launches 'hol tv' IPTV service
Mar 9, 2009 – hellas online (Athens: INTRK) has launched IPTV on its fibre-optic network in Greece, using the brand name 'hol tv'. hol tv offers high definition (HD) programming for the first time in Greece.
News categories: hellas online, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
TVonics bought by Contact Holdings
Feb 29, 2008 – TVonics, the UK based digital TV set top box company, has been acquired by the Contact Holdings Group which specialises in contract manufacturing, product packaging and supply chain management.
News categories: TVonics, MandA, Set Top Box, UK
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform
- Multiperiod DASH and PlayReady SL3000 added to HbbTV reference application
- NEXTGEN TV launches on four local TV stations in San Antonio
- Liveramp powers targeted addressable marketing on Eurosport
- Allegro DVT AV1 decoder IP supports 12-bit pixels and 4:4:4 chroma sub-sampling
- Paramount+ launches in Korea via TVING
- FreeWheel introduces linear addressable solution with AMC Networks
- Streaming captures nearly 32% of U.S. TV viewing in May
- Walmart and Roku enable e-commerce in TV ads