Digital TV News: GTV
Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
Jan 15, 2020 – Cincinnati Bell has announced a partnership with YouTube TV that will allow Cincinnati Bell and Hawaiian Telcom customers to stream content via Cincinnati Bell's fiber network. YouTube TV offers live TV that can be watched on any screen.
News categories: Cincinnati Bell, YouTube TV, Tom Simpson, Digital TV, Fibre, OTT, USA
Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers
May 14, 2019 – Philo has announced an agreement with WOW!, a provider of internet, data, voice, cloud and cable TV in the Midwest and Southeast. Philo's service, at $20 per month, will be available to all of WOW!’s broadband customers beginning mid-year.
News categories: Philo, WOW!, Andrew McCollum, Roger Seiken, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Verizon makes YouTube TV available to its customers
Apr 23, 2019 – Verizon and Google have announced a partnership to bring YouTube TV to Verizon customers. YouTube TV membership includes six accounts per household, each with its own unique recommendations and personal DVR with no storage space limits.
News categories: Verizon, YouTube TV, Erin McPherson, Heather Rivera, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Discovery and YouTube announce live and on-demand partnership
Apr 10, 2019 – Discovery and YouTube have announced a distribution agreement that will extend Discovery's portfolio of brands on YouTube TV’s live TV and on-demand subscription service and increase YouTube TV's lifestyle and factual content offering.
News categories: Discovery, YouTube TV, Eric Phillips, Lori Conkling, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Windstream launches app-based Kinetic TV in Nebraska
Apr 4, 2019 – Windstream has announced the introduction of its own app-based television product, Kinetic TV, its answer to Lincoln consumers’ demand for network entertainment and local channels, and the freedom and flexibility to watch TV when and where they wish.
News categories: Windstream, MOBITV, Brad Hedrick, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Amino to showcase 'Operator Ready' Android TV at NAB Show 2019
Apr 1, 2019 – Amino has announced that it will be showcasing its ‘Operator Ready’ Android TV solution, powered by its Google certified AminoOS software, at NAB Show 2019. AminoOS gives pay-TV operators the agility to customize and brand an advanced user interface via an Android TV deployment.
News categories: Amino, Donald McGarva, Android TV, Digital TV, NABShow, UX, Worldwide
Spectrum to offer 'Essentials' OTT TV service to its internet customers
Feb 20, 2019 – Charter Communications has announced that it will launch Spectrum TV Essentials, an OTT video service, to be made available exclusively in Charter’s footprint to Spectrum Internet customers who don’t already subscribe to Spectrum video services.
News categories: Charter Communications, Tom Rutledge, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Discovery partners with SpotX for TVE advertising over the holidays
Dec 18, 2018 – SpotX has announced a partnership with Discovery to power programmatic monetization for TV everywhere (TVE) video during the holiday season. The collaboration has resulted in Discovery running Automated Guaranteed campaigns through SpotX.
News categories: SpotX, Discovery Inc, Ryan Kenney, Bill Murray, Amanda Cabrera, Advertising, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
Hearst Television launches private marketplace for Connected TV advertising
Sep 24, 2018 – Hearst Television has launched Hearst Anyscreen, an OTT advertising platform which combines preferred access to Hearst-owned programming, with delivery partners such as Roku. Hearst Anyscreen will enable brands to tap into the dramatic growth of Connected TV viewing.
News categories: Hearst Television, dataxu, Jordan Wertlieb, Jonathan Sumber, Mike Baker, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service