Digital TV News: Gamut
Spin Digital releases new version of live video encoder for 8K
Apr 19, 2022 – Spin Digital has announced the availability of a new version of its 8K HEVC live encoder. In this version, the HEVC encoder has been optimized to enable low-latency 8K streaming over the internet with very high quality.
News categories: Spin Digital, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Streaming, Worldwide
Atlanta DTH announces compact USB ATSC 3.0 TV receiver
Jan 11, 2022 – Atlanta DTH has announced a USB 2.0 plug-in compact digital terrestrial TV tuner for connection to Android TV, Android, Windows and Linux devices. The ADTH DGI-NexGen-Solo provides access to all locally receivable FTA channels.
News categories: Atlanta DTH, Susan Zhang, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Hardware, USA
Hisense unveils premium product lineup at CES 2022
Jan 4, 2022 – This year, Hisense is delivering bigger screens, upgraded technologies like ULED and Mini LED, content platforms and features such as Google TV and ATSC 3.0, and upgrades to smart home, audio and gaming features.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, Android TV, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Samsung unveils 2022 MICRO LED, Neo QLED and Lifestyle TVs
Jan 3, 2022 – Samsung has unveiled its newest MICRO LED, Neo QLED and Lifestyle TVs, with advancements in picture and sound quality, more screen size options, customizable accessories and an upgraded interface, ahead of CES 2022.
News categories: Samsung, Simon Sung, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
Jul 26, 2021 – The 8K Association has revealed that there are now over seventy 8K TVs certified by the 8KA. This includes nearly 50 models launched in the first half of 2021 from three of the world's top TV brands – Hisense, Samsung, and TCL.
News categories: 8K Association, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Spin Digital releases VVC 8K decoder and media player
Jun 21, 2021 – Spin Digital has developed a real-time software video decoder compatible with VVC, integrated into a complete media player that supports the full 8K format including higher pixel counts, HDR, WCG and HFR.
News categories: Spin Digital, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
CAST.ERA plans 5G-ATSC 3.0 launches in the U.S. and Korea
Apr 30, 2021 – CAST.ERA palns to introduce 5G-ATSC 3.0 technology to the U.S. and Korea by the end of this year. The technology will enable the broadcasting of UHD video with low-to-zero latency to TVs and mobile devices.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Yoon Kim, Del Parks, Kevin Gage, 5G, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Korea, USA
MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
Mar 1, 2021 – MediaKind has integrated Dolby Vision technology within its encoding portfolio, enabling users of MediaKind's solutions to deliver the highest quality of video experience to consumer devices.
News categories: MediaKind, Dolby, Boris Felts, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
TV providers testing NEXTGEN TV over cable TV infrastructure
Dec 15, 2020 – Broadcasters supporting the Phoenix Model Market project for NEXTGEN TV, along with Pearl TV, have begun testing of NEXTGEN TV over limited cable infrastructure, in cooperation with Comcast.
News categories: Pearl TV, Comcast, Anne Schelle, Jerry Parkins, ATSC 3, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data