Digital TV News: Gartner
Spending on pay TV and VOD to hit $314 billion in 2017
May 4, 2017 – Global spending on consumer video media services will total $314 billion in 2017, a 4.2% increase from 2016, according to Gartner. Pay-TV is the largest spending segment and representing 90% of the total market.
News categories: Gartner, Fernando Elizalde, Derek O'Donnell, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue to grow 12.3% in 2017
Apr 13, 2017 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue is forecast to total $386 billion in 2017, an increase of 12.3% from 2016, according to Gartner. Favorable market conditions particularly for commodity memory, have accelerated and raised the outlook for the market in 2017 and 2018.
News categories: Gartner, Jon Erensen, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Kudelski partners with Sigfox for IoT device security
Feb 14, 2017 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced a partnership with Sigfox to address increasing security expectations in the IoT market. Sigfox partners and customers gain access to the expertise of Kudelski's IoT Security Center of Excellence.
News categories: Kudelski, Sigfox, Andrew Howard, Laetitia Jay, Content Protection, Smart Home, Worldwide
Consumer to represent 63% of IoT applications in 2017
Feb 7, 2017 – Gartner forecasts that 8.4 billion connected things will be in use worldwide in 2017, up 31 percent from 2016, and will reach 20.4 billion by 2020. Total spending on endpoints and services will reach almost $2 trillion in 2017.
News categories: Gartner, Denise Rueb, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue forecast to grow 7.2% in 2017
Jan 23, 2017 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue is forecast to total $364.1 billion in 2017, an increase of 7.2 percent from 2016, according to Gartner. This represents a turnaround for the semiconductor industry as the market experienced 1.5 percent growth in 2016.
News categories: Gartner, Ganesh Ramamoorthy, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 1.5% in 2016
Jan 18, 2017 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $339.7 billion in 2016, a 1.5 percent increase from 2015 revenue of $334.8 billion, according to preliminary results from Gartner. The top 25 semiconductor vendors' combined revenue increased by 7.9 percent compared with 2015.
News categories: Gartner, Adriana Blanco, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Kudelski announces IoT security Center Of Excellence
Jan 3, 2017 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has launched its Internet of Things (IoT) Security Center of Excellence, building on the expertise of Kudelski Security and decades of innovation in protecting digital TV content and devices.
News categories: Kudelski, Content Protection, Smart Home, Worldwide
ADB graphyne2 integrates personalized recommendations from ContentWise
Jul 28, 2016 – ADB has announced that it has partnered with ContentWise to integrate personalized recommendation capabilities into its recently announced graphyne2 personal TV software platform.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, ContentWise, Wojciech Doganowski, Pancrazio Auteri, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Dialog Semi offers power management ICs for STBs and Smart TVs
Feb 3, 2016 – Dialog Semiconductor (FWB:DLG) has announced that the company is entering the smart TV and set-top box (STB) market with a family of highly integrated power management ICs (PMICs).
News categories: Dialog Semi, Jalal Bagherli, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership