Digital TV News: Gateway Communications
Wananchi satellite service to launch in Uganda next month
Jul 18, 2011 – Wananchi is to launch its Zuku TV satellite service in Uganda next month. As part of the launch, Wananchi is offering to replace the set-top boxes owned by those who subscribed to the GTV DTH service that failed in 2009.
News categories: Wananchi, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Uganda
Intelsat, Convergence Partners Form New Dawn Joint Venture to Grow Africa's Telecommunications Infrastructure
Dec 9, 2008 – Intelsat has announced a joint venture with a South African investor group to build and launch a new satellite optimized to deliver wireless backhaul, broadband and television programming to the African continent.
News categories: Intelsat, Convergence Partners, Africa, Content Distribution, Satellite, South Africa
A newcomer is shaking up satellite television in Africa
Aug 14, 2008 – Gateway Communications's satellite-television subsidiary GTV, a company created just over a year ago, has signed up more than 100,000 customers in 20 countries - which, it reckons, translates into 1.25m regular viewers.
News categories: Gateway Communications, GTV, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
Gateway Chooses NDS Content Protection for New African DTH Service
Feb 26, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that it has been selected by Gateway Communications to provide a security system, featuring its VideoGuard® conditional access (CA), for GTV its newly created satellite TV service for Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: NDS Group, GTV, Botswana, Burundi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Rwanda, Satellite, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Gateway to launch pan-African pay-TV Service
Feb 22, 2007 – Gateway Communications has announced the launch of GTV, a pan-African pay-TV satellite delivered service. It will provide a unique bouquet of content with a subscription price aimed at penetrating the underserved African television market.
News categories: Gateway Communications, Africa, Digital TV, Satellite
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi