Digital TV News: Giesecke & Devrient (G&D)
G&D and Verimatrix demonstrate mobile pay TV DRM for smartphones
Sep 12, 2014 – At IBC 2014, Giesecke & Devrient (G&D) and Verimatrix will showcase a digital rights management (DRM) solution for mobile video services that incorporates the high security standard of pay TV.
News categories: G&D, Verimatrix, Petr Peterka, Axel Deininger, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2022, Mobile, Smartphone, Worldwide
Trustonic Trust and Security for Connected Devices launched
Dec 18, 2012 – Trustonic, a company formed by ARM, Gemalto and Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), has launched as a new standard security provider to address the increasing need for trust built into smart connected devices.
News categories: Trustonic, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
Irdeto Mobile TV Security Solution Now Available on Giesecke & Devrient Mobile TV microSD™ Cards
Feb 11, 2008 – Irdeto, a subsidiary of multinational media group Naspers (JSE: NPN), and Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), the world's second largest manufacturer of smart cards, have announced the successful integration of Irdeto's security solution on G&D's Mobile TV Card.
News categories: Irdeto, Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), CAM, Conditional Access, Mobile, MWC21
Nagravision and G&D Introduce World's First Fully Operational and End-to-End Solution based on MicroSD/SD Card with Embedded Security for Mobile TV Services and Mass Storage
Sep 7, 2007 – Nagravision, a Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD) company, and Giesecke & Devrient (G&D) have joined forces to revolutionize the mobile TV sector and today introduce the world's first fully functional and integrated microSD/SD card with embedded security featuring the Nagra Mobile TV security solution.
News categories: CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, Mobile, Tablet
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
- TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
- Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors