Digital TV News: Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs to put $325 million into iSpot.tv
Apr 27, 2022 – iSpot.tv has signed an agreement with funds managed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management for a $325 million investment. iSpot, which has raised $58 million since being founded in April 2012, now generates over $100 million in annual recurring revenues.
News categories: iSpot.tv, Goldman Sachs, Sean Muller, Leonard Seevers, Joon Park, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital
EDO secures $80m investment from Shamrock Capital
Apr 6, 2022 – EDO has announced the closing of an $80 million strategic growth investment from Shamrock Capital. The investment provides EDO with capital to scale its business in outcome measurement for Convergent TV.
News categories: EDO, Inc, Shamrock Capital, Edward Norton, Kevin Krim, Dr. Daniel Nadler, Laura Held, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital
Orange and MásMóvil plan to combine their operations in Spain
Mar 8, 2022 – Orange and MásMóvil have entered into exclusive discussions to combine their businesses in Spain. The combination would take the form of a 50-50 Joint Venture with a combined enterprise valuation of €19.6bn.
News categories: Orange, MásMóvil, Stéphane Richard, Jean-François Fallacher, Meinrad Spenger, Digital TV, MandA, Spain
Limelight to acquire Yahoo's Edgecast
Mar 7, 2022 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Yahoo's Edgecast, a provider of edge security, content delivery and video services, in an all-stock transaction.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Edgecast, Bob Lyons, Jim Lanzone, Reed Rayman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
Jul 21, 2021 – Grupo Werthein and AT&T (NYSE:T) have announced that Grupo Werthein has reached an agreement to acquire AT&T's Vrio Corp. business unit. Grupo Werthein has agreed to acquire 100% of the equity in Vrio.
News categories: AT&T, Grupo Werthein, Vrio Corp, Lori Lee, Dario Werthein, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA, Satellite, Streaming
WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
May 17, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) have agreed to combine WarnerMedia's entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses to create a standalone global entertainment company.
News categories: AT&T, Discovery, Inc, John Stankey, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
May 3, 2021 – Verizon (NYSE: VZ) and Apollo Global Management (NYSE: APO) have announced that funds managed by affiliates of Apollo have entered into an agreement to acquire Verizon Media for $5 billion.
News categories: Verizon Media, Apollo, Guru Gowrappan, Hans Vestberg, Reed Rayman, David Sambur, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
Mar 2, 2021 – Kaltura has filed Form S-1 with the SEC relating to a proposed initial public offering of its common stock. Kaltura has applied to list on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker symbol 'KLTR'.
News categories: Kaltura, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPO, Worldwide
New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
Feb 25, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE: T) and TPG Capital have announced that they are to establish a new company named DIRECTV that will own and operate AT&T’s U.S. video business unit consisting of the DIRECTV, AT&T TV and U-verse video services.
News categories: AT&T, TPG Capital, Bill Morrow, John Stankey, David Trujillo, John Flynn, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Satellite, USA
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools