Digital TV News: Google Cloud
MediaKind offers Aquila Streaming as-a-service on Google Cloud
Apr 16, 2020 – MediaKind has extended its deal with Google Cloud to enable its Aquila Streaming to be offered as-a-service on the Google Cloud platform. Aquila Streaming is an OTT headend that enables content to be received, transcoded, packaged, encrypted and delivered.
News categories: MediaKind, Google Cloud, Angel Ruiz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Google to power Activision Blizzard player experiences
Jan 24, 2020 – Google Cloud will serve as the preferred provider for Activision Blizzard's game hosting infrastructure and YouTube as its exclusive streaming partner worldwide, excluding China, for live broadcasts of its esports leagues and events.
News categories: Google Cloud, Activision Blizzard, YouTube, Sunil Rayan, Jacques Erasmus, Pete Vlastelica, Ryan Wyatt, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Harmonic, with Google and 3SS, creates live sports workflow on Android TV
Sep 12, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT), in collaboration with Google and 3SS, has created an integrated OTT and broadcast live sports workflow on Android TV, delivering features such as picture-in-picture, multi-view and personalized mosaic.
News categories: Harmonic, 3SS, Shahar Bar, Pierre Donath, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, UX
MediaKind launches technology alliance at IBC 2019
Sep 12, 2019 – At IBC2019, MediaKind is launching the MediaKind Universe Alliance - a partnership program which gives content providers, service providers, and operators access to solutions that combine technologies and services from MediaKind with partners in Cloud and other offerings.
News categories: MediaKind, Raul Aldrey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
Ooyala unveils Google Cloud integrations at NAB 2019
Apr 8, 2019 – Ooyala will showcase a range of new features for its Ooyala Flex Media Platform at NAB 2019. The platform now integrates with Google Cloud Video Intelligence and Google Cloud’s AI and Machine Learning products, for precise video analysis and metadata enrichment.
News categories: Ooyala, Google Cloud, Jonathan Huberman, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
MediaKind personalizes the user experience with Google Cloud
Apr 8, 2019 – MediaKind has announced that it has partnered with Google Cloud to enable MediaKind’s entire portfolio of solutions to operate on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). MediaKind customers can now use Google Cloud to deliver a heightened level of personalized user experience.
News categories: MediaKind, Google Cloud, Angel Ruiz, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
CenturyLink fiber network helps get video in and out of Google Cloud
Apr 4, 2019 – CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) has announced that its Vyvx suite of fiber-based broadcast services now provides secure, high-performance connectivity into Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Vyvx Cloud Connect provides a path for getting live and linear video in and out of the cloud.
News categories: CenturyLink, Google Cloud, Bill Wohnoutka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, USA, Worldwide
Deutsche Telekom and MediaKind first to stream 6K tiled 360° live sport
Dec 10, 2018 – MediaKind has announced that it has pushed the boundaries of immersive consumer experience of live sport by streaming the world’s first multi-channel 6K 360-degree live sports event in collaboration with Deutsche Telekom, Magnum Film, Tiledmedia, INVR.SPACE and Iconic Engine.
News categories: MediaKind, Deutsche Telekom, Angel Ruiz, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Metaverse, Mobile, Streaming
Ooyala Flex Media Platform to run on Google Cloud
Oct 30, 2018 – Ooyala is to use Google Cloud technologies for its Ooyala Flex Media Platform which empowers media owners to automate their video workflows, expand their audiences and get content to market faster, and with greater flexibility and security.
News categories: Ooyala, Google Cloud, Jonathan Huberman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes