Digital TV News: Google TV
OBS integrates DTVKit with Android
Mar 8, 2018 – OBS has announced that it has integrated DTVKit into Android using the TV Input Framework (TIF). This enables OEMs to provide access to broadcast DVB services on their Android powered devices. The DTVKit Android integration software is available to DTVKit members.
News categories: OBS, DTVKit, Paul Martin, Phil Evans, Android TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
ADB brings Android TV into the pay TV operator arena
Sep 28, 2017 – ADB has announced that Android TV is now part of its graphyne2 family. From now on, pay TV operators, can also provide access to Google TV services like YouTube, Chromecast and Google Play Store, whilst keeping all the benefits of ADB's graphyne2 suite.
News categories: ADB, Jacek Galik, Frank Kessaratos, Android TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, UX, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics begins Ultra-HDp60 STB chip shipments
Jan 7, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has begun delivering to lead customers its latest Ultra-HDp60 quad-core system-on-chip ICs (STiH314/318 and STiH414/418), part of its Cannes/ Monaco family. Several OEMs have already selected the SoCs for next-generation Ultra-HD products.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Philippe Notton, Android TV, CES2021, Digital TV, ICs, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics introduces UltraHD and HEVC set-top box chips
Sep 12, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has introduced two set-top box System-on-Chip (SoC) families, codenamed 'Cannes' and 'Monaco', that include devices with UltraHD resolution (2160p) and HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) video-decoding support.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Gian Luca Bertino, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Amidst strong competition Smart Set-top Boxes and Dongles continue to grow
Aug 26, 2013 – The smart set-top box and dongle market is expected to pass 18 million units in 2013--higher than originally forecasted due to the arrival of Google's Chromecast device. Overall the market is expected to grow with a 10.8% CAGR (2013 to 2018), says ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
TiVo launches Roamio DVR for live, recorded, and OTT TV
Aug 20, 2013 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the launch of the TiVo Roamio DVR, the all-in-one approach to live, recorded, on-demand and over-the-top television that gives consumers what they want on any screen, wherever they are.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Humax unveils the world's first HTML5 based smart set-top box
Jul 18, 2013 – Humax has announced that it will supply T-broad with the smart set-top boxes based on HTML5. It is the world's first commercialized HTML5 based product and was developed for Smart Plus, the pay tv service T-broad launched last month.
News categories: Humax, T-broad, Cable TV, Digital TV, Korea, Middleware, Set Top Box
PlayOn brings Aereo content to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii and Android devices
Jul 9, 2013 – PlayOn has announced the availability of its Aereo Channel for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Google TV, Wii, Wii U and Android mobile devices. When coupled with Aereo, PlayOn provides New York, Boston and Atlanta users with a complete cable cutting solution.
News categories: Aereo, PlayOn, Digital TV, Gaming, Mobile, OTT, Tablet, USA
LG unveils smart set-top boxes at Cable Show 2013
Jun 10, 2013 – At the 2013 Cable Show, LG Electronics has unveiled a range of energy efficient smart set-top boxes designed to help cable operators capitalize on the Smart TV explosion, accelerate the transition to IPTV and deliver the combination of live, linear and OTT TV that consumers demand.
News categories: LG Electronics, Cable TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service