Digital TV News: Gospell
MaxLinear and Gospell deliver multi-tuner LNB solution for satellite
Sep 18, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced a reference design with Gospell Digital Technology. The platform combines MaxLinear’s MxL80x satellite RF downconverter and MxL862 digital channel stacking switch (dCSS) ICs.
News categories: MaxLinear, Gospell Digital Technology, Will Torgerson, Zhao Mulin, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
First STBs with Inview software arrive in Nigeria
Mar 16, 2016 – Inview Technology has successfully completed its software integration with the first batch of set-top boxes for the beginning of Nigeria's digital switchover. Inview software and services will be integrated on all 20 million set-top boxes for launch into the Nigeria market.
News categories: Inview Technology, Nick Markham, Digital TV, Middleware, Nigeria, Terrestrial, Video Exchange
Nigeria takes delivery of first DTT set-top boxes
Feb 25, 2016 – Nigeria's National Broadcasting Commission has announced that, ahead of its digital TV switchover trial, it has received the first batch of DTT Set-Top-Boxes, from SMK Engineering Limited and Gospell Digital Technology Limited.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, Gospell Digital Technology, Alheri Saidu, Digital TV, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Exset supplies DMS-equipped STBs to Pakistan’s Cable Media Group
Nov 17, 2015 – Exset has announced that it is supplying the latest version of its Value Added Service DMS 4.0 technology to Pakistan cable operator Cable Media Group (CMG). Exset has integrated its middleware with set-top boxes from Gospell to be deployed by CMG.
News categories: Exset, Gospell, Cable Media Group, Andrew Pons, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Pakistan, Set Top Box
Rwanda completes switch to digital TV
Aug 1, 2014 – Following the latest roll out calendar issued by the Rwanda Utilities Regulatory Authority (RURA), the final regions of the country were switched over to digital TV on 31st July 2014.
News categories: Rwanda Utilities Regulatory Authority, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Rwanda, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Global and China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Market Report, 2008
Dec 4, 2008 – In 2007, 140 million STBs were sold worldwide, the overall sales percentage of satellite STBs was 46%, and IP STB gained the highest sales growth with a figure of 4.53 million, increased by 77% comparing 2006.
News categories: Research In China, Research and Markets, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Smaller Players Gain Larger Share of Worldwide Digital STB Market
Aug 28, 2007 – The worldwide market for digital set-top boxes (STBs) experienced continued strong growth in 2006, with smaller Asian manufacturers advancing up the market share ladder. Traditional STB stalwarts still remain the worldwide leaders, but are facing increased competition from lower tier manufacturers.
News categories: Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DVR, Europe, India, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service
- Cross Screen Media provides access to Roku ad platform
- CIMM to develop Guide to Converged TV Measurement Providers in the U.S.
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius