Digital TV News: Grass Valley
Thomson sees U.S. satellite set-top box weakness
Oct 22, 2009 – Thomson (Paris: 18453, NYSE: TMS) has announced results for the quarter ending September 30, 2009. In the quarter Thomson saw weakness across all Connect markets, in particular in the North American market with low orders for satellite set-top boxes.
News categories: Thomson, Cable TV, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Harmonic is Top MPEG Encoder Supplier by Number of Streams in 2008
May 12, 2009 – New research from In-Stat identifies Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) as the top MPEG encoder supplier, when counting the number of streams supplied in 2008. Harmonic, with 28% of streams supplied in the market, is followed closely by Tandberg (NASDAQ:ERIC).
News categories: In-Stat, Content Distribution, Market Research
Thomson sees strong growth in cable set-top box volumes
Apr 27, 2009 – Thomson (Paris: 18453, NYSE: TMS) has announced results for the quarter ending March 31, 2009. In comparison with a particularly weak 1Q 2008 there was a strong performance in access products in 1Q 2009.
News categories: Thomson, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, DVR, Gateway, IPTV, Results, Router, Satellite, Set Top Box
Thomson Full Year 2008 Results
Mar 9, 2009 – Thomson (Paris: 18453, NYSE: TMS) has released its full year 2008 results. In its access product business, the Group recorded strong growth in shipments (+32% YoY), especially with key Satellite and Cable customers in the US.
News categories: Thomson, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DVR, Gateway, IPTV, Results, Router, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Thomson: Near-term Priorities and Third Quarter Revenues
Oct 16, 2008 – Thomson (Paris: 18453, NYSE:TMS) reported total revenues of €1,170 million for the quarter (3Q07, €1,348 million). Satellite set-top box sales declined. Sales of gateways for telcos performed well and cable products grew significantly.
News categories: Thomson, Cable TV, Gateway, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
World Video Encoders Market to Exceed US$3.2 Billion by 2015, According to a New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
Dec 3, 2007 – World Video Encoders market is forecast to maintain an impressive CAGR of over 22% over the 2005-2015 analysis period and exceed US$3.2 billion by 2015.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Report Overview, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, Satellite, Streaming, Terrestrial, TV Services
Thomson Announces Several Major Orders at IBC 2007
Sep 6, 2007 – The leading Russian Pay-TV Operator, NTV-Plus, choose Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) for the rollout of a new High Definition (HD) TV set-top box. The HD set-top box will support the launch of Russia's first high-definition TV service by NTV-Plus this year.
News categories: Digital TV, IBC2021, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Thomson Delivers DVB-H Infrastructure for DigitALB Mobile Television
Apr 14, 2007 – DigitALB, the leading commercial media enterprise in Albania, has launched a 14 channel mobile television service based on a fully redundant Grass Valley's Mobile TV system from Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS).
News categories: Grass Valley, DigitALB, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia