Digital TV News: Gray Television
Pearl TV using Triveni Digital for ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance
Apr 2, 2019 – Triveni Digital has announced that Pearl TV is using Triveni Digital's StreamScope XM Verifier. StreamScope XM Verifier gives Pearl TV stations a view of the ATSC 3.0 service, allowing them to verify a wide range of ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance metrics.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Pearl TV, Ralph Bachofen, Bob Chase, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, USA
Syncbak to debut straight to OTT syndication marketplace at NATPE 2019
Jan 14, 2019 – Syncbak has announced the launch of the industry’s first straight-to-OTT syndication marketplace, MarketSync. Less than a year after launching SBTV, the company will unveil the MarketSync content marketplace and app at NATPE this month.
News categories: Syncbak, Gray Television, Jack Perry, Hilton Howell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
U.S. 2018 TV and radio M&A deal volume highest since 2008
Jan 3, 2019 – According to Kagan, U.S. broadcast station mergers and acquisitions (M&A) volume reached $4.31 billion in the fourth quarter of 2018. 2018 closed with an $8.87 billion deal volume, representing an increase of 8% over 2017.
News categories: S&P Global, Digital TV, MandA, Market Research, USA
Syncbak launches SBTV OTT platform for local broadcasters
May 16, 2018 – Syncbak has unveiled its SBTV platform which enables local broadcasters to build OTT channels, and the corresponding SBTV app that provides consumers with access to local programming from anywhere in the U.S. – live or on-demand – on any device.
News categories: Syncbak, Gray Television, Jack Perry, Julia Campbell, Brian Brady, Advertising, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
WideOrbit now offers local ad inventory on more than 1,000 TV channels
Jan 4, 2018 – Programmatic TV has passed a key milestone on its way to becoming a mainstream method for buying and selling advertising: WideOrbit’s WO Programmatic is now the first and only platform to offer local ad inventory on more than 1,000 TV channels.
News categories: WideOrbit, Eric R. Mathewson, Nick Waller, Advertising, Big Data, Worldwide
Mobile500 Alliance Forms to Accelerate the Availability of Mobile Digital Television Across the U.S.
Sep 8, 2010 – A coalition of leading television broadcasters has announced the formation of the Mobile500 Alliance to accelerate the availability of mobile digital television, or Mobile DTV, service to consumers nationwide.
News categories: Mobile500 Alliance, Mobile, USA
Gray Television Launches Mobile Digital Television
Sep 3, 2009 – On July 24, 2009, Gray Television's (NYSE: GTN, GTN.A) NBC affiliate, WOWT, in Omaha, Nebraska, unleashed its first 'mobile DTV' signal. Gray Television and WOWT are working with the Open Mobile Video Coalition on the pilot.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, WOWT, Gray Television, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Washington, D.C. to be Mobile Television Consumer Showcase
Apr 20, 2009 – At the 2009 NAB Show, the Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has announced that Washington, D.C. has been selected as a product showcase market for Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, USA
Open Mobile Video Coalition to Promote Mobile TV in U.S.
Apr 13, 2007 – Nine of the largest U.S. television broadcast groups today announced the launch of the 'Open Mobile Video Coalition,' an industry alliance to accelerate the development of mobile digital broadcast television.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, USA
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers