Digital TV News: Grupo Televisa
Televisa to merge media, content and production assets with Univision
Apr 13, 2021 – Grupo Televisa and Univision Holdings have agreed to combine Televisa’s content and media assets with Univision to create the largest Spanish-language media company in the world: Televisa-Univision.
News categories: Univision, Televisa, Wade Davis, Marcelo Claure, Emilio Azcárraga, Bernardo Gómez, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA, USA
Televisa acquires part of Axtel's residential FTTH business
Dec 18, 2018 – Grupo Televisa (NYSE:TV; BMV:TLEVISA CPO) has acquired from Axtel its residential fiber-to-the- home business and related assets in Mexico City, Zapopan, Monterrey, Aguascalientes, San Luis Potosi and Ciudad Juarez.
News categories: Televisa, Axtel, Fibre, MandA, Mexico
Grupo Televisa results for second-quarter 2016
Jul 5, 2016 – Grupo Televisa (NYSE:TV; BMV: TLEVISA CPO) has announced results for second-quarter 2016. The number of Sky subscribers increased by 121,235 during the quarter to 7,803,614. Cable video RGUs grew 7.7% YoY to 4,219,906.
News categories: Televisa, Cable TV, Latin America, Mexico, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Mexico leads Latin America's VOD OTT market
Sep 7, 2015 – Dataxis has forecast that Mexico will reach 5 million VOD OTT subscribers by end 2015, largely surpassing Brazil, Colombia and Argentina. Mexico has the most developed IP and TV everywhere multiscreen television platforms and the highest investment of the region.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Streaming, Subscribers
Televisa adds 1.1 million DTH subscribers in 2012
Feb 26, 2013 – Grupo Televisa (NYSE:TV; BMV:TLEVISA CPO) has announced results for fourth quarter and year 2012. Sky's DTH subscriber base grew by more than 1.1 million to 5,153,445, while cable TV (Cablevisión, Cablemás, TVI) video RGUs expanded by 5.8%.
News categories: Televisa, Cable TV, Central America, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Sky Mexico adds 140k subscribers in 4Q09
Feb 25, 2010 – Grupo Televisa (NYSE:TV; BMV: TLEVISA CPO) has announced results for 2009. During the fourth quarter, Sky added 143 thousand subscribers of which 140 thousand were in Mexico and three thousand were in Central America and the Dominican Republic.
News categories: Grupo Televisa, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Panama, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Grupo Televisa's Sky adds 140k subscribers Y-o-Y to end 1Q09
Apr 30, 2009 – Grupo Televisa (NYSE:TV; BMV: TLEVISA CPO) has announced results for first quarter 2009. The number of gross active Sky subscribers increased to 1,784,608 as of March 31, 2009, compared with 1,642,923 as of March 31, 2008.
News categories: Televisa, Cable TV, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Panama, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Televisa Third-Quarter 2008 Results
Oct 23, 2008 – Grupo Televisa (NYSE:TV, BMV:TLEVISA CPO) has announced results for third quarter of 2008. As of September 30, 2008, the number of gross active Sky subscribers increased to 1,728,214, compared with 1,542,466 as of September 30, 2007.
News categories: Grupo Televisa, Cable TV, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Panama, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Grupo Televisa Successfully Completes Mobile DTV Test in Mexico
Aug 28, 2008 – Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS) has announced that Grupo Televisa (Mexico:TLEVISACPO; NYSE:TV) recently successfully completed mobile digital television (DTV) broadcast field tests in Mexico.
News categories: Harris, Televisa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Mobile
- Comscore adds CTV measurement for Indonesia and Malaysia
- MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
- Vault AI selects Whip Media global audience engagement data
- TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
- NAGRA and AIHunters partner on automated ad insertion
- RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
- Nielsen to measure NFL Thursday Night Football on Prime Video
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution