Digital TV News: HBO
Eastern Europe to add 27 million SVOD subscriptions
Aug 31, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, Eastern Europe will have 68 million SVOD subscriptions by 2029, up 27 million on 2023. Russia will add 12 million, with Poland bringing in 6 million more.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
Longtail OTT TV services expand reach in the U.S.
Aug 29, 2023 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has released its annual State of Streaming report, showing a 21% increase CTV hours per household watched, with ad supported services capturing the bulk of new viewing.
News categories: Comscore, James Muldrow, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
TVNZ partners with Qvest for OTT streaming implementation
Aug 29, 2023 – TVNZ has launched an OTT streaming platform for live sports broadcasting with Qvest. As the systems integrator, Qvest orchestrated the project with selected technology partners.
News categories: Qvest, TVNZ, Thomas Grandoch, Kym Niblock, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming
A+E Networks signs up to TVision viewer engagement platform
Aug 28, 2023 – A+E Networks has signed on to access Total View, TVision's platform for measuring and analyzing person-level viewing engagement with content and ads, across both linear and CTV.
News categories: TVision, A+E Networks, Yan Liu, Suzanne Persechino, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
AVOD to outgrow SVOD in Latin America
Aug 24, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, OTT revenues in Latin America will grow by $7 billion between 2023 and 2029 to reach $17 billion. AVOD will add $3.5 billion versus $2.8 billion for SVOD.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming
U.S. home entertainment spending topped $20 billion in H1 2023
Aug 18, 2023 – According to DEG, U.S. consumers spent $20.5 billion on movies and TV shows in the first six months of 2023, up 14.7% from the $17.9 billion spent in the first six months of 2022.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Africa to add 10 million SVOD subscriptions by 2029
Aug 14, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, African SVOD will see plenty of growth in the coming years. Africa will have 18 million paying SVOD subscriptions by 2029, up from 8 million at end-2023.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Yuvod partners with Red Bee Media for EPG metadata
Jul 31, 2023 – Yuvod has announced Red Bee Media as the main integrated supplier of EPG metadata for Yuvod’s turnkey cloud-based Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) OTT and IPTV solution for the U.S. market.
News categories: Yuvod, Red Bee Media, Ricardo Tárraga, Jason Marchese, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming, USA
Kaltura adds enhancements to its Cloud TV and streaming platform
Jul 12, 2023 – Kaltura (Nasdaq: KLTR) has announced enhancements to its Cloud TV and Streaming Platform, tailored specifically to meet the demands of TV operators and media customers.
News categories: Kaltura, Shuki Eytan, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, Worldwide
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
- Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD revenues to triple to $20 billion by 2029
- Tata Elxsi and INVIDI partner on addressable advertising for Pay-TV operators
- Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126