Digital TV News: HD+
SES launches HD+ IP streaming service in Germany
Nov 9, 2021 – SES has announced HD+ IP, an internet-based streaming service in Germany that provides access to 50 HD channels, and libraries with more content, without needing to have a satellite, cable or DVB-T2 TV connection.
News categories: SES S.A, Norbert Hölzle, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Streaming
SES releases H1 2021 Results
Aug 4, 2021 – SES S.A. has announced results for the six months ended 30 June 2021. At 30 June 2021, SES was delivering more than 3,120 TV channels in High Definition up 8% compared with 30 June 2020.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Worldwide
HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
Jun 9, 2021 – SES HD PLUS Ghana has integrated its satellite TV service into selected Samsung TVs using NAGRA’s TVkey Cloud technology. The built-in operator app offers users direct access to HD+ straight out of the box as part of a new TV installation.
News categories: Nagra, Samsung, HD PLUS Ghana, Multimedia Group, Thierry Legrand, Lucas Lee, Theodore Asampong, Abdulai Awudu, Apps, Digital TV, Ghana, Satellite, Smart TV
SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
Apr 14, 2021 – SITI Networks has selected NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) cardless content security for its forthcoming Android TV STB launch. Th deployment represents NAGRA's first Android TV project in India based on Google MediaCAS.
News categories: NAGRA, SITI Networks, Stephane Le Dreau, Suresh Sethiya, Android TV, Apps, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
Vestel integrates access to HD+ on UHD TVs for Germany
Jul 24, 2020 – Vestel will offer direct access to HD+ on a selection of UHD TVs for the German market. From September, UHD TVs with built-in HD+ will be available under brand names, such as Toshiba, Telefunken, JVC, and Hitachi.
News categories: Vestel, HD+, Barış Altınkaya, Georges Agnes, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Satellite, Smart TV
Fransat and HD+ adopt Intertrust XCA content protection
Sep 12, 2019 – Intertrust has announced that Fransat and HD+, France and Germany’s leading free TV operators, have selected Intertrust’s ExpressPlay XCA to protect and manage video streams over major broadcast and IPTV networks.
News categories: Intertrust, Fransat, HD+, Talal G. Shamoon, Digital TV, DRM, France, Germany, IBC2022, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
HD+ in Germany deploys TVkey Cloud by NAGRA and Samsung
Sep 10, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced that HD PLUS is the first operator to deploy TVkey Cloud on its HD+ satellite platform. TVkey Cloud brings pay-TV services directly to Smart TVs equipped with TVkey hardware root of trust.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, HD+, Maurice Van Riek, John Adam, Georges Agnes, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2022, Satellite, Smart TV
HD PLUS and NAGRA extend content protection partnership to Smart TVs
May 29, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and HD PLUS have renewed their technology partnership and extended it to include content protection on Smart TVs. NAGRA content protection supports the HD PLUS solution for Smart TVs not requiring an external device, such as a CAM or STB.
News categories: NAGRA, HD PLUS, Thierry Legrand, Georges Agnes, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Smart TV
Panasonic launches smart TV with HbbTV OpApp for HD+ in Germany
Mar 20, 2019 – The HbbTV Association has welcomed Panasonic's deployment of the HbbTV OpApp. The OpApp enables users to access the TV service of HD+ on any 2019 Panasonic OLED UHD smart TV sold in Germany, without the need for any additional hardware or smartcard.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Panasonic, HD+, Vincent Grivet, Kai Hillebrandt, Alexander Sacher, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Smart TV, Streaming
- NAGRA and AIHunters partner on automated ad insertion
- RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
- Nielsen to measure NFL Thursday Night Football on Prime Video
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022