Digital TV News: HD PLUS
NDS VideoGuard to Secure HD+ Content for Sky Deutschland
May 4, 2011 – NDS has announced that NDS VideoGuard® conditional access (CA) is enabling the secure delivery of HD+ content to Sky Deutschland subscribers. Sky HD subscribers will be able to receive both Sky and HD+ services through Sky HD receivers.
News categories: NDS Group, Sky Deutschland, ANGA COM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box
New TV service HD+ in Germany successfully established
May 2, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris; LuxX: SESG) has announced the first official figures on viewers and customers of its new TV service HD+. As of March 31, 2011, 769,000 households in Germany received the HD+ offer via satellite.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Inverto to Support HbbTV on its hybrid set-top boxes
Sep 9, 2009 – Inverto Digital Labs has announced that its retail HD+ hybrid set-top box (STB), Scena 6, planned to hit the German market in Q1 2010, will support Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV). The hybrid STB will incorporate a CE-HTML browser from Pleyo.
News categories: Inverto, Pleyo, HbbTV, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
Nagravision Selected by HD+ in Germany
Sep 9, 2009 – Nagravision (SIX:KUD) has announced that HD PLUS has selected a Nagra Media turnkey end-to-end CA system to support the operator's new HD offering in Germany. Named HD+, the SES ASTRA service is scheduled to launch in late autumn.
News categories: Nagravision, SES ASTRA, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite
Inverto announces receiver upgrade for HD+
Aug 12, 2009 – Inverto Digital Labs has released a plan for Inverto-branded products in Germany to deliver to the German consumer products and accessories designed for the new HD+ service from HD PLUS GmbH, a subsidiary of SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG).
News categories: Inverto, SES ASTRA, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box
High Definition Television Comes To Singapore
Jan 18, 2007 – Singapore and StarHub have jointly scored another first. With the much anticipated commercial launch of StarHub's HDTV service, Singapore is now the first country in South-East Asia to offer a commercial HDTV service.
News categories: StarHub, Cable TV, Digital TV, Singapore
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India