Digital TV News: HDIC
Shanghai HDIC Picks Tensilica's HiFi Audio DSP for DTV SoC
Jan 24, 2012 – Tensilica® has announced that Shanghai High Definition Digital Technology Industrial Corporation (HDIC) has selected Tensilica's HiFi Audio DSP for its digital television (DTV) SoC (system-on-chip) for the Chinese market.
News categories: Tensilica, Shanghai HDIC, China, DTMB, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Global and China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Market Report, 2009
Jan 12, 2010 – In 2009, the overall conversion to digital TV was completed in 177 cities across China, and cable TV subscribers reached 19.9 million. In the cable set-top box (STB) chip market, STMicroelectronics enjoyed the biggest market share.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DTMB, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Mirics and Shanghai HDIC deliver HD broadcast TV capability to PC users in China
Oct 12, 2009 – Mirics Semiconductor and Shanghai HDIC have announced the availability of a digital TV reference design targeting the full range of portable and desktop PC devices. The USB dongle reference design is compliant with China's DTTB standard.
News categories: Mirics, HDIC, China, DTMB, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Mirics and Shanghai HDIC Announce Strategic Partnership
Jun 2, 2009 – Mirics Semiconductor and Shanghai High Definition Digital Technology Industrial Company (HDIC) have announced a strategic partnership to enable high-definition digital TV reception on portable devices using China's DTTB standard.
News categories: Mirics, HDIC, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
HDIC Cooperates with SMIC for Successful Debut of High Definition TV Transmission Chips during Beijing Olympic Games
Oct 14, 2008 – Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. (SMIC) [NYSE:SMI; Hong Kong:0981] and Shanghai High-Definition IC (HDIC) have co-operated to manufacture HDIC's HD2812 and HD2910 demodulator chips based on China's terrestrial digital TV standard.
News categories: HDIC, SMIC, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Hong Kong, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, Terrestrial
China is Now the Bastion of Global Digital STB Manufacturing
Jun 5, 2008 – China is now the bastion of global digital STB manufacturing with over 200 STB assembly service providers in 2007. Chinese STB IC makers have only a limited market share and most are focusing on domestically developed Chinese standards.
News categories: Market Intelligence Center, China, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data