Digital TV News: HKBN
HKBN to acquire 450,000 additional STBs from TVB
Nov 7, 2016 – In order to fulfil customer demand, HKBN has decided to acquire 450,000 additional set-top boxes from TVB, raising the company's aggregate target to 850,000, the number of myTV SUPER boxes it expects will enter HKBN customer homes by end of 2019.
News categories: HKBN, TVB, William Yeung, Mark Lee, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT, Set Top Box
100,000 subscriptions for Hong Kong's myTV SUPER OTT service
Jun 29, 2016 – HKBN and TVB have announced that they have garnered over 100,000 subscriptions to their myTV SUPER OTT service since its launch in April 2016. MyTV SUPER delivers over 19,000 hours of TVB self-produced and acquired programmes.
News categories: HKBN, TVB, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Mobile, OTT, Subscribers
Hong Kong Broadband to bundle TVB's OTT TV
Feb 17, 2016 – Hong Kong Broadband (HKBN) has announced that it has signed an MOU with TVB to introduce bundled services which combine its high-speed home broadband with TVB’s soon-to-be launched OTT content service, myTV SUPER.
News categories: HKBN, TVB, William Yeung, Cheong Shin Keong, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT
City Telecom Applies For Free-to-air TV Service Licence in Hong Kong
Dec 31, 2009 – City Telecom (HKEX: 1137, NASDAQ: CTEL) has submitted an application for a Domestic Free Television Programme Service in Hong Kong. City Telecom already provides subscription-based video services over the internet via HKBN, a wholly-owned subsidiary.
News categories: City Telecom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DTMB, Fibre, Hong Kong, Regulation
City Telecom (bbTV) Announces Annual Results 2008
Nov 17, 2008 – City Telecom (Hong Kong: 1137; NASDAQ: CTEL) has announced results for the year ended 31 August 2008. The Hong Kong Broadband Network (HKBN) IPTV service (bbTV) increased its subscriptions by 21.9% to 156,000 as of 31 August 2008.
News categories: City Telecom, HKBN, bbTV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- HBO Max to expand into Latin America and Europe in 2H 2021
- SpotX releases 2021 video advertising trends report
- Comscore and MediaMath offer programmatic contextual ad targeting
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Nordic streaming market approaching 14 million subscriptions
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Deltatre AXIS to power BritBox for a further five years
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- Inverto first with EICS TV distribution equipment certification
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5