Digital TV News: HKBN
HKBN to acquire 450,000 additional STBs from TVB
Nov 7, 2016 – In order to fulfil customer demand, HKBN has decided to acquire 450,000 additional set-top boxes from TVB, raising the company's aggregate target to 850,000, the number of myTV SUPER boxes it expects will enter HKBN customer homes by end of 2019.
News categories: HKBN, TVB, William Yeung, Mark Lee, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT, Set Top Box
100,000 subscriptions for Hong Kong's myTV SUPER OTT service
Jun 29, 2016 – HKBN and TVB have announced that they have garnered over 100,000 subscriptions to their myTV SUPER OTT service since its launch in April 2016. MyTV SUPER delivers over 19,000 hours of TVB self-produced and acquired programmes.
News categories: HKBN, TVB, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Mobile, OTT, Subscribers
Hong Kong Broadband to bundle TVB's OTT TV
Feb 17, 2016 – Hong Kong Broadband (HKBN) has announced that it has signed an MOU with TVB to introduce bundled services which combine its high-speed home broadband with TVB’s soon-to-be launched OTT content service, myTV SUPER.
News categories: HKBN, TVB, William Yeung, Cheong Shin Keong, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT
City Telecom Applies For Free-to-air TV Service Licence in Hong Kong
Dec 31, 2009 – City Telecom (HKEX: 1137, NASDAQ: CTEL) has submitted an application for a Domestic Free Television Programme Service in Hong Kong. City Telecom already provides subscription-based video services over the internet via HKBN, a wholly-owned subsidiary.
News categories: City Telecom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DTMB, Fibre, Hong Kong, Regulation
City Telecom (bbTV) Announces Annual Results 2008
Nov 17, 2008 – City Telecom (Hong Kong: 1137; NASDAQ: CTEL) has announced results for the year ended 31 August 2008. The Hong Kong Broadband Network (HKBN) IPTV service (bbTV) increased its subscriptions by 21.9% to 156,000 as of 31 August 2008.
News categories: City Telecom, HKBN, bbTV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS