Digital TV News: HOOQ
Airtel launches converged entertainment platform
Sep 2, 2019 – Bharti Airtel has announced the launch of its converged digital entertainment play: Airtel Xstream. Over the coming months, Airtel plans to roll out a range of solutions to cater to the entertainment needs of every customer segment of India.
News categories: Airtel, Adarsh Nair, Digital TV, India, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
ACT Fibernet launches OTT set-top box
Aug 1, 2019 – ACT Fibernet has launched an OTT media streamer called ACT Stream TV 4K. ACT Stream TV 4K runs on the latest Android 9.0 Pie version and enables content streaming from Netflix, Hooq, YuppTV, Zee5, Hungama Play, Sony Liv, and other similar platforms.
News categories: ACT Fibernet, Android TV, Digital TV, India, OTT, Set Top Box
HOOQ selects Brightcove to power live and on-demand video streaming
Jun 23, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that HOOQ has selected the Brightcove Video Platform as the underlying streaming solution to power its live and video-on-demand service to subscribers across Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, and India.
News categories: Brightcove, HOOQ, Sara Larsen, Michael Fleishman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, OTT, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand
Vindicia report sees massive global growth in OTT subscription revenue
Sep 13, 2018 – Vindicia (NASDAQ: DOX) has released a research report that explores the prospects and development of premium OTT services across four regions: Western Europe, USA, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
News categories: Vindicia, MTM, Kris Nagel, Nick Thomas, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, OTT, USA
Roku to power Globe Streamwatch player in the Philippines
Oct 24, 2017 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and Globe Telecom have announced the signing of a licensing agreement allowing Globe to use Roku's streaming platform to deliver video services to its customers. Globe will launch the Streamwatch player in the Philippines by November this year.
News categories: Roku, Globe Telecom, Andrew Ferrone, Martha Sazon, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines, Set Top Box
Telkom and Huawei soft launch TV-based video communication service in Indonesia
Apr 24, 2017 – Telkom and Huawei have soft launched Indonesia's first TV-based video communications service, IndiHome Video Call. The service integrates video communication capabilities in a set-top box for use with a webcam.
News categories: Huawei, Telkom, Sun Xiwei, Suparwiyanto, Apps, Digital TV, Indonesia, Set Top Box
China to push Asian SVOD – without Netflix
Oct 19, 2016 – The Asia Pacific region will have 157.78 million SVOD subscribers by 2021, up from 41.68 million in 2015 and 76.12 million expected by end-2016, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Globe Telecom first with Netflix in the Philippines
Jun 27, 2016 – Globe Telecom has announced that it is the first mobile and broadband Philippine partner of Netflix. Netflix will be available to Globe customers via their mobile or broadband service.
News categories: Globe Telecom, Netflix, Mobile, OTT, Philippines
Pay TV market to reach 1.1 billion subscribers by 2020
Jun 19, 2015 – The worldwide pay-TV market surpassed more than 900 million subscribers in 1Q 2015, representing 48% penetration. The market is likely to grow steadily over the next 5 years, mainly boosted by emerging markets, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, Khin Sandi Lynn, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos