Digital TV News: HUMAN
Firstlight Media, SSIMWAVE partner on video quality optimization
Jan 11, 2021 – Firstlight Media and SSIMWAVE have teamed up to enable OTT and pay-TV providers to implement SSIMWAVE's video quality system in conjunction with Firstlight Media's modular streaming platform.
News categories: Firstlight Media, SSIMWAVE, Andre Christensen, Dr. Abdul Rehman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, UX, Worldwide
Sony announces BRAVIA TVs with 'Cognitive Processor XR'
Jan 7, 2021 – Sony has announced the world's first cognitive intelligence TVs. Powered by its Cognitive Processor XR, picture elements are adjusted to their best final outcome, so everything is synchronized and lifelike.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Mike Fasulo, Android TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
LG announces world's first Eyesafe-certified TV display
Jan 6, 2021 – LG Display and Eyesafe have announced the world's first Eyesafe Certified TV display. The display was designed to meet Eyesafe requirements for low emissions of blue light and optimal color performance.
News categories: Eyesafe, LG Display, TUV Rheinland, Justin Barrett, Davis Lee, Dr. David Friess, Dr. Soo-Young Yoon, Kalyan Varma, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Samba TV and Vestel optimise picture quality with AI
Jan 6, 2021 – Samba TV and Vestel have announced a partnership to introduce an artificial intelligence (AI) technology, Picture Perfect, that optimizes picture quality in real time for gaming, live sports, movies and more.
News categories: Samba TV, Vestel, Ashwin Navin, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
HDR10+ Technologies announces HDR10+ ADAPTIVE
Jan 5, 2021 – HDR10+ Technologies has announced the specifications for a new feature called HDR10+ ADAPTIVE, designed to optimize HDR10+ content for a more consistent viewing experience in various environments.
News categories: HDR10+ Technologies, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
HBO Max to expand into Latin America and Europe in 2H 2021
Dec 3, 2020 – The head of HBO Max Global, Andy Forssell, has said that, during the second half of 2021, HBO Max would be expanding into Latin America and Europe. HBO Max's US launch was in May this year.
News categories: HBO Max, Andy Forssell, Casey Bloys, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, OTT
Survey from Dolby reveals trends in home entertainment consumption
Nov 17, 2020 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has released findings from a global survey illustrating a shift in consumer entertainment behavior. The survey shows that consumers continue to want, demand, and are willing to spend more on enhanced experiences.
News categories: Dolby, Wakefield Research, John Couling, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
TVision data enables person-level ad measurement
Nov 16, 2020 – TVision has announced Advanced Audience Projections. TV measurement and advertising platform players, including Oracle Data Cloud, Xandr, VideoAmp and iSpot are already using the data to go beyond household data to person-level measurement.
News categories: TVision, Yan Liu, Kevin Whitcher, Jason Burke, Jonathan Steuer, Robert Bareuther, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
iKO Media Group launches EPG creation solution
Nov 12, 2020 – iKO Media Group has announced the launch of an EPG creation solution, iKOMAX. iKOMAX allows TV channels to be in the frontline of EPG technology while reducing spending on both human capital and equipment.
News categories: iKO Media Group, Eutelsat, Mark Demichovski, Digital TV, Satellite, UX, Worldwide
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
- Sappa selects Appear to deliver live TV in Sweden
- Accedo supports Telecine Play Smart TV app development