Digital TV News: Hakan KUTLU
NEOTION and VESTEL unveil USB Conditional Access Module
Sep 4, 2015 – NEOTION has unveiled, in partnership with VESTEL, a USB Conditional Access Module (CAM), designed to protect content from traditional broadcast linear TV sources. The USB form factor is aimed at Pay-TV markets where DVB-CI PCMCIA is not available.
News categories: NEOTION, VESTEL, Nicolas STEFANELLI, Hakan KUTLU, CAM, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Smart TV, Worldwide
Zenterio and Vestel partner to deliver DVB-T2 STB for African market
Jan 7, 2014 – Zenterio and Vestel have announced that they are providing a DVB-T2 STB for commercial availability in Uganda and Rwanda. The first order for the new DVB-T2 compliant STB is set to launch in December 2013.
News categories: Zenterio, Vestel, Jan Macku, Hakan Kutlu, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Rwanda, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Uganda
uWand selected by Vestel to bring direct pointing control to Smart TVs at IFA 2013
Sep 3, 2013 – uWand, the camera-based direct pointing remote control technology, has announced at IFA 2013 an agreement with Vestel to bring direct pointing and gesture control to Android-powered Smart TVs.
News categories: Vestel, uWand, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, IFA2020, Smart TV
Vestel produces Android IPTV platform for Wingo in Switzerland
Mar 18, 2013 – Vestel has announced that it has successfully launched an advanced client platform based on Android OS to receive the IPTV services of Wingo in Switzerland. The platform uses Marvell's Armada 1500 chipset.
News categories: Vestel, Wingo, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Switzerland, Video Exchange
Zappware Nexx user interface integrated with Vestel OTT STBs
Mar 18, 2013 – Vestel and Zappware have announced a business cooperation at this year's TVConnect. Vestel will be showcasing Zappware's Nexx application on their HTML5-based TV devices at the show. Nexx is Zappware's newest television user interface for set-top boxes and connected TVs.
News categories: Vestel, Zappware, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Vestel and Opera bring web to TVs and set-top boxes
Sep 5, 2012 – Opera Software and Vestel have announced their partnership to deliver Opera's TV products on Vestel Smart TVs and set-top boxes. Vestel devices powered by Opera's ultimate web experience will ship globally later this year.
News categories: Opera Software, Vestel, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Vestel to show Android integrated Display with Beesmart middleware at IBC2012
Aug 23, 2012 – Vestel and Beenius will present the first version of Android integrated Display on the market at this year's IBC. The Android integrated Display allows modifications and adaptations of the graphical user interface according to the user's requirements.
News categories: Beenius, Vestel, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Smart TV
ACCESS and Vestel Combine to Make Multiroom TV a Reality
Aug 8, 2012 – ACCESS CO. has announced that Vestel has chosen to integrate ACCESS' DLNA Technology Component™ solution, NetFront™ Living Connect, with its newly DLNA Certified® Digital Media Player (DMP) and Digital Media Renderer (DMR).
News categories: ACCESS CO, Vestel, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV
VESTEL presents Android STB with Beesmart middleware at ANGA Cable 2012
Jun 11, 2012 – Vestel will show an Android set-top box with Beesmart middleware at Anga Cable 2012. The new Vestel box also supports the Ekioh web browser and operates on Edgeware, Anevia, Espial, and Bitband VOD servers.
News categories: Beenius, Vestel, ANGA COM, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
- TiVo selects Pindrop voice authentication
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers