Digital TV News: Hakan KUTLU
Vestel Launches Set-Top-Box Using Mentor Graphics Inflexion User Interface Technology
May 16, 2012 – Mentor Graphics (NASDAQ:MENT) has announced that Vestel (Istanbul: VESTL) has developed the user interface (UI) for its new generation Android-based STB using the Mentor® Embedded Inflexion® UI product.
News categories: Mentor Graphics, Vestel, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
PlayJam Expands Global Games TV Network with Vestel
Mar 15, 2012 – PlayJam has announced that Vestel will add the PlayJam Games Channel to its product line up of TVs and set-top boxes. The games channel will be accessible from the front page of the UI and sit alongside VOD and music streaming services.
News categories: PlayJam, Vestel, Apps, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Accedo and Vestel partner to bring applications to Vestel TV devices
Sep 5, 2011 – Accedo Broadband and Vestel (Istanbul: VESTL) have announced a partnership to bring Accedo's applications and services to Vestel TV devices and jointly drive the development of attractive applications and services.
News categories: Accedo Broadband, Vestel, Apps, IFA2020, OTT, Smart TV
Vestel to Launch the First BitTorrent Certified Smart TV
Sep 1, 2011 – Vestel and BitTorrent plan to show the world's first BitTorrent Certified Digital TV at IFA. The TV will enable consumers to find, play and share all types of personal media, independently-produced content and internet files directly on their TV.
News categories: BitTorrent, Vestel, Digital TV, IFA2020, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
SoftAtHome and Vestel Launch First Connected TV for IPTV Operators Worldwide
Mar 22, 2011 – Vestel and SoftAtHome have announced that they have developed the first Connected TV for operators. IPTV operators worldwide can now offer premium IPTV services over a Connected TV. The solution leverages the power of the Renesas EMMA3SL/P chipset.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Vestel, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Video Exchange
Verimatrix Partners With Vestel to Create Versatile Connected TV
Mar 22, 2011 – Verimatrix has announced a partnership with Vestel to create a versatile IP-enabled range of connected TVs. Vestel's range of MB36 IP enabled TV's are available for deployment with embedded Verimatrix ViewRight® client security.
News categories: Verimatrix, Vestel, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Video Exchange
Vestel and DIVA AG sign universal Viewster VOD deal
Jan 7, 2011 – DIVA AG has announced a global deal with Vestel (Istanbul: VESTL). Under the deal, Vestel will carry DIVA's Viewster VoD application in over 100 different territories.
News categories: DIVA AG, Vestel, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Freescale and Vestel Jointly Develop RF Remote Controlled LCD TV
Sep 2, 2010 – Freescale Semiconductor and Vestel Electronics have announced that they have been working together to develop an LCD-TV with radio frequency (RF) remote control that uses Freescale's BeeStack Consumer ZigBee-RF4CE platform.
News categories: Freescale, Vestel, ZigBee, IFA2020, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Vestel to Demonstrate AMIMON-Based Wireless 1080p HDTVs at IFA
Sep 2, 2009 – AMIMON has announced that Europe's leading OEM/ODM Vestel Elektronik will be demonstrating a 1080p/60Hz wireless TV based on AMIMON's technology at the IFA Consumer Electronics tradeshow in Berlin, September 4 - 9, 2009.
News categories: AMIMON, Vestel, IFA2020, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
- Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
- TiVo selects Pindrop voice authentication
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers