Digital TV News: Harmonic
Harmonic adds HDR10+ support to its cloud streaming platform
Apr 21, 2022 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has added support for HDR10+ technology to its VOS 360 cloud streaming platform and XOS software-based advanced media processing solution. The first trial of HDR10+ on VOS360 is underway with Evoca.
News categories: Harmonic, Evoca, HDR10+ Technologies, Shahar Bar, Michael Chase, Bill Mandel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
HISPASAT and NAGRA to launch wholesale OTT service in Latin America
Mar 9, 2022 – HISPASAT has made an agreement with NAGRA to develop a wholesale OTT TV solution. The service will enable pay TV operators, ISPs and regional content companies to offer multiscreen entertainment without having to roll out their own infrastructure.
News categories: Nagra, Hispasat, Nancy Goldberg, Javier Izquierdo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Latin America, Middleware, Satellite, Streaming, UX
Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
Oct 21, 2021 – Claro Colombia has deployed Harmonic's (NASDAQ: HLIT) VOS Cloud-Native Software solution, Electra X live video processor and MediaGrid shared storage to power its Claro Box TV streaming service.
News categories: Harmonic, Claro Colombia, Alvaro Martin, Walter Borda, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
1Tennessee implements U.S. streaming solution from NAGRA
Sep 9, 2021 – 1Tennessee has selected the OpenTV Video Platform from NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) to deliver its IP-based multiscreen video service. The solution includes Harmonic cloud video, a CRM system from GLDS and Jackson Energy Authority's E+ Premier.
News categories: NAGRA, 1Tennessee, Xavier Fustagueras, John Warmath, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
JEA and Harmonic simplify video streaming for MVPDs
Aug 17, 2021 – Jackson Energy Authority and Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) have teamed up to launch JEA's fully hosted headend management and video streaming solution for cable, broadband and telecommunications providers.
News categories: Harmonic, Jackson Energy Authority, Shahar Bar, Ben Lovins, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
JEA launches video streaming service with NAGRA and Harmonic
Aug 17, 2021 – Jackson Energy Authority (JEA) has teamed up with NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) to launch an IP-based multiscreen video streaming service, 'E+ Premier', powered by NAGRA's OpenTV Video Platform and Harmonic’s VOS 360 cloud streaming solution.
News categories: NAGRA, Harmonic, Jackson Energy Authority, Xavier Fustagueras, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere, USA
Harmonic adds public cloud support for Dolby Vision
Jul 15, 2021 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has implemented public cloud support for the delivery of Dolby Vision HDR live content. Harmonic has integrated Dolby Vision into its VOS cloud streaming platform and XOS software-based appliance.
News categories: Harmonic, Dolby, Stephane Cloirec, Jean-Christophe Morizur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Mola TV streams UEFA Euro 2020 in UHD HDR with Harmonic
Jul 9, 2021 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Mola TV is using Harmonic's VOS 360 cloud streaming SaaS for live UHD HDR streaming of UEFA Euro 2020 football matches in Indonesia.
News categories: Harmonic, Mola TV, Tony Berthaud, CP Lee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Streaming
BH Telecom and Beenius to develop IPTV and OTT services
Jul 7, 2021 – BH Telecom has signed an agreement to develop IPTV and OTT services based on the Beenius' TV Interactive Platform. The platform, based on Android, supports features such as targeted TV advertising, fingerprinting, and more.
News categories: Beenius, BH Telecom, Filip Remškar, Advertising, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
- Nielsen enables 'Always On' YouTube ad measurement
- Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
- Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022