Digital TV News: Harris Corp
Harris Secures Digital TV Transmission Contract with NURTS Digital EAD in Bulgaria
Nov 14, 2012 – NURTS Digital (formerly Towercom) has awarded Harris (NYSE:HRS) a contract to transition Bulgaria to DVB-T digital television. The project will spread services into more sparsely populated rural areas as the country moves towards analogue TV switch-off.
News categories: Harris, NURTS, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Harris to Migrate Republic of Togo to DVB-T2 Digital TV
Sep 6, 2012 – Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS) has been selected as the technology vendor of choice for a country-wide digital TV transition project in the West African state of Togo. Harris will completely renew the country's broadcast TV infrastructure.
News categories: Harris, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBC2020, Terrestrial, Togo
Microsoft Announces Media Services Platform and Architectural Guidance for the Cloud
Apr 16, 2012 – At NAB 2012, Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) announced new media services and guidance to enable content providers and customers to realize the power of cloud computing.
News categories: Microsoft, Azure Media Services, Content Distribution, NABShow, OTT
Harris Expands Digital TV Transmission Network for TV TEM in Brazil
Apr 16, 2012 – Harris (NYSE:HRS) has announced that TV TEM, a Rede Globo affiliate in Brazil, is installing 45 Harris® Maxiva™ digital TV transmitters to increase over-the-air digital TV (DTV) broadcast coverage in São Paulo.
News categories: Harris, TV TEM, Brazil, Content Distribution, ISDB-T, NABShow, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Ukraine's Zeonbud Rolls Out DVB-T2 Using Harris' Media Convergence Platform
Mar 28, 2012 – Harris (NYSE:HRS) has announced that its Selenio™ media convergence platform is helping Zeonbud launch its national DVB-T2 broadcast network in the Ukraine. Harris' Selenio is a turnkey DVB-T2 video headend solution.
News categories: Harris Corp, Zeonbud, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, Ukraine
Mobile DTV Forum Stepping Up Role in Mobile DTV Deployment
Apr 11, 2011 – The Mobile DTV Forum, the newly established membership category of the Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC), is off and running, already creating working groups, selecting members of its Steering Committee and adding new member companies.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Mobile, USA
LG to demonstrate 'Glasses Free' 3D via ATSC Mobile DTV at NAB2011
Apr 11, 2011 – LG Electronics will show that the digital TV broadcasting system used to deliver today's information and entertainment programming to mobile devices can also deliver social networking updates, engaging 3D telecasts, and electronic coupons.
News categories: LG Electronics, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA, VR
Rwanda to switch to digital TV early in 2011
Feb 7, 2011 – Rwanda will switch to digital broadcasting early this year according to the Rwanda Utilities Regulatory Authority which is managing the conversion of the country's infrastructure.
News categories: Rwanda Utilities Regulatory Authority, ORINFOR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Rwanda, Terrestrial
LG Electronics demonstrates first 'Glasses-Free' 3D ATSC Mobile DTV
Jan 5, 2011 – The first mobile digital TV that displays three-dimensional (3D) images broadcast via the ATSC Mobile Digital Television Standard is being demonstrated by LG Electronics at the 2010 International CES® here this week.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2021, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, VR
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019