Digital TV News: HbbTV
NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
Nov 26, 2023 – NorDig has releases a package of updated specifications: IRD Specification ver. 3.2.1 and Unified Test Plan ver. 3.2.1. An updated version of NorDig Rules of Operation will be released later.
News categories: NorDig, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, HbbTV, Iceland, Ireland, Norway, QoE, Set Top Box, Sweden
Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
Nov 27, 2023 – The DASH-IF Conformance Tool has been updated. Along with DASH content conformance, the new tool has options to check CMAF and WAVE requirements, as well as HLS compliance.
News categories: DASH-IF, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
Nov 24, 2023 – The HbbTV Association has released an updated version of the HbbTV Operator Application specification with improved support for IP-delivered linear channels.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK, Worldwide
iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
Nov 22, 2023 – iWedia has extended its product portfolio with HbbTV Harness, a tool enabling interoperability, conformance and certification testing for HbbTV hybrid digital TV receivers.
News categories: iWedia, Hans-Juergen Desor, Digital TV, HbbTV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
TeraVolt develops interactive HbbTV app for ZDFmediathek
Nov 2, 2023 – TeraVolt has developed Zapping Player as a new feature in the ZDFmediathek. With Zapping Player, functionalities previously only available on social media can be used via HbbTV on the big screen.
News categories: TeraVolt, ZDF, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV
DTG releases D-Book 12.8
Oct 31, 2023 – The DTG has released D-Book 12.8 – the latest update to the technical specification for all digital terrestrial television products and services in the UK market.
News categories: DTG, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
UHD Spain tests end-to-end transmission of UHD-HDR and 5G
Oct 23, 2023 – UHD Spain has tested UHD-HDR broadcasting using 5G contributions, cloud mixing, multi-media broadcasting including 5G Broadcast, and the use of the public Internet network for signal transport.
News categories: UHD Spain, Xavier Redón, Emili Planas, Pere Vila, Miguel Ángel Cristóbal, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain
HbbTV Symposium 2023 conference programme unveiled
Oct 23, 2023 – The HbbTV Association has unveiled the conference programme of the HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2023. The summit will take place on November 28-29 in Naples, co-hosted by Comunicare Digitale.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Comunicare Digitale, Vincent Grivet, Jon Piesing, Andrea M. Michelozzi, Advertising, Broadcast, Digital TV, HbbTV, Italy, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
wedotv launches FAST services on satellite with Eutelsat
Sep 15, 2023 – wedotv is expanding its distribution with the launch of FAST channels for Italy on Eutelsat satellites at 13°E. Viewers with a connected TV will also be able to watch via an HbbTV App.
News categories: Eutelsat, wedotv, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Italy, Satellite
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification