Digital TV News: HbbTV
SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
Mar 21, 2023 – SAPEC will lead the creation of the encoder that will allow the RTVE-UPM Cátedra to broadcast live 8K content over DVB-T2 in Spain - the first broadcast of its kind in the world.
News categories: SAPEC, Miguel Ángel Cristóbal, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Spain, Worldwide
HbbTV releases new version of core specification
Mar 14, 2023 – The HbbTV Association has published version 2.0.4 of its core specification. The three main highlights of the new version are voice assistant support, accessibility features and DVB-I integration.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Jon Piesing, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
RTVE awards Cellnex five-year TV and radio broadcasting contract
Jan 18, 2023 – RTVE has awarded TV and radio broadcasting rights to Retevisión, part of Cellnex. For TVE, Cellnex will renew and operate DTT and radio headends and provide DTT transmission, distribution and broadcasting services throughout Spain.
News categories: Cellnex, RTVE, Albert Cuatrecasas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain, Terrestrial
smartclip and Ad Alliance enhance linear TV spots with addressable formats
Dec 15, 2022 – Ad Alliance and smartclip have announced a solution to enhance linear TV spots with targetable Addressable TV formats. Dynamically added banner ads can be integrated into the linear TV spot or the complete spot can be replaced digitally.
News categories: smartclip, Ad Alliance, Thomas Servatius, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany
TCL MOKA selects ACCESS browser for ODM Smart TVs
Nov 2, 2022 – NetRange and its sister company ACCESS Europe have announced that TCL MOKA has selected the ACCESS browser solution for TVs it manufacturers for other brands through its TCL MOKA business unit.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, TCL MOKA, Masahiro Aono, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
UK's DTG releases D-Book 12.7
Oct 31, 2022 – The DTG has released D-Book 12.7, the latest update to the technical specification for all digital terrestrial television products and services in the UK market.
News categories: DTG, Simon Fell, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
TVP launches VOD powered by Redge Media
Oct 21, 2022 – TVP, Poland's national broadcaster, has launched its TVP VOD streaming service for a wide range of end user platforms including HbbTV. The video service is delivered on the Redge Media Service Delivery Platform.
News categories: Redge Media, TVP, Mateusz Zawiślak, Marcin Klepacki, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Poland, Streaming
Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
Sep 16, 2022 – Vestel has announced the launch of its 97XX series of 4K UHD set-top boxes. The series was created to deliver a home entertainment experience from within an ultra-compact, minimalist design.
News categories: Vestel, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Intertrust and Sofia Digital partner to enable direct-to-Smart TV for operators
Sep 10, 2022 – Combining Sofia Digital's HbbTV Application with Intertrust's ExpressPlay XCA, operators can build their broadcast and OTT TV services directly on smart TVs, avoiding the costly set-top box.
News categories: ExpressPlay, Sofia Digital, Manas Matti, Juho Mäyränpää, Conditional Access, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania