Digital TV News: Hive
Tata Elxsi and Ateme offer pre-integrated FAST deployment solution
Sep 13, 2023 – Tata Elxsi has announced an alliance with Ateme to deliver a pre-integrated FAST channel deployment solution, combining Tata Elxsi's OTT delivery platform with Ateme's SSAI technology.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Ateme, KP Sreekumar, Ahmed Swidan, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
World Rugby and Endeavor Streaming launch global rugby OTT platform
Aug 25, 2023 – World Rugby has partnered with Endeavor Streaming to expand its international media distribution with the launch of a free-to-air, global streaming service, RugbyPass TV.
News categories: Endeavor Streaming, World Rugby, Pete Bellamy, James Rothwell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
FIFA+ expands availability on CTV and FAST channel platforms
Jul 26, 2023 – FIFA has expanded the reach of FIFA+ with apps for Samsung TV, LG, VIDAA, Amazon Fire and Android TV, and FAST availability on Samsung TV Plus, LG Channels, VIDAA Channels, The Roku Channel and Rakuten TV.
News categories: FIFA, Charlotte Burr, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, Worldwide
Newsbridge to show AI-based content indexing technology at IBC2023
Jul 24, 2023 – At IBC2023, Newsbridge will show new features of its AI video indexing technology that describes what's in audiovisual media, making relevant content quickly searchable by anyone.
News categories: Newsbridge, Philippe Petitpont, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, UX, Worldwide
MSG Networks taps Quickplay to power MSG+ streaming service
Apr 11, 2023 – MSG+, MSG Networks' new streaming service set to launch this summer, will use a cloud native OTT platform from Quickplay to optimize sports viewing experiences for consumers.
News categories: Quickplay, MSG Networks, Paul Pastor, David Schafer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Newsbridge AI generates human-like descriptions of video content
Apr 4, 2023 – Newsbridge has announced MXT-1, a generative AI indexing technology. Newsbridge's core AI indexing tech uses natural language models to generate human-like descriptions of video content.
News categories: Newsbridge, Frederic Petitpont, Philippe Petitpont, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
Mar 14, 2023 – Media Distillery has released Ad Break Distillery. The solution identifies the exact start and stop times of ad breaks in broadcast video, enabling enhanced monetization opportunities.
News categories: Media Distillery, Roland Sars, Ed Barton, Advertising, Digital TV, Worldwide
Streaming TV platform Atmosphere receives funding at $1bn valuation
Feb 7, 2023 – Atmosphere has announced a $65m Series D funding round. The company's FAST platform provides programming to restaurants, bars, gyms, doctor offices, and other business establishments worldwide.
News categories: Atmosphere, Leo Resig, John Resig, Blake Sabatinelli, Digital TV, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
Jan 23, 2023 – Fabric has acquired Internet Video Archive (IVA). The acquisition enables Fabric to provide greater value by instantly matching titles to IVA's library, and enabling the sharing of data across Fabric customers.
News categories: Fabric, Internet Video Archive, Rob Delf, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC